+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go?

Should he stay or should he go?

No not the French guy over the river who’s definitely searching for a new job, but Neal Ardley if we aren’t promoted.

He’s the highest paid Manager outside of the Championship, will have had a full season to have turned things around, will have enjoyed the largest budget in the National League with probably the most supportive owners.

So a fair question does failure mean dismissal?

Highest paid outside The Championship ?
    Highly unlikely.

Largest budget in the NL ?
    Probably among the top 3

I guess it depends how you class failure as opposed to steady sustainable realistic re-building.
    Teams with bigger or similar fan bases and budgets to Notts struggled for years to regain their league status:
    Luton
    Oxford
    Tranmere
    Lincoln
    Grimsby
    etc

To answer your question, I would say, keep Mr Ardley for one more season. If we are still a non league club as we start the season after next, then look for an alternative.

He needs to stay.
    Let’s be totally honest for a minute.
    The play offs this year are a total crap shoot for us.
    Most will acknowledge that if the season hadn’t been halted, we were by far, the form team and would have been pushing for top, never mind playoffs.
    Think back to those last few games. We were in total control.

If the worst happens and we don’t go up, the squad doesn’t need that much changing. It doesn’t need the usual overhaul. It doesn’t need a totally new back room staff bringing in. It doesn’t need ‘time to gel.’
    Why mess with something that until a global pandemic stepped in, was on course to be a lot better than nearly all of us expected last August?

Quote Originally Posted by AllNottsAreWe View Post
    Highest paid outside The Championship ?
    Highly unlikely.

Largest budget in the NL ?
    Probably among the top 3

I guess it depends how you class failure as opposed to steady sustainable realistic re-building.
    Teams with bigger or similar fan bases and budgets to Notts struggled for years to regain their league status:
    Luton
    Oxford
    Tranmere
    Lincoln
    Grimsby
    etc

To answer your question, I would say, keep Mr Ardley for one more season. If we are still a non league club as we start the season after next, then look for an alternative.
    Reedtz won't sack him anyway, not for the foreseeable future, regardless of what happens. They've made it quite clear that they feel that a policy of continual sacking doesn't work. You can bet your bottom dollar they've crunched the numbers on it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    No not the French guy over the river who’s definitely searching for a new job, but Neal Ardley if we aren’t promoted.

He’s the highest paid Manager outside of the Championship, will have had a full season to have turned things around, will have enjoyed the largest budget in the National League with probably the most supportive owners.

So a fair question does failure mean dismissal?
    Sorry but this post is totally unnecessary at a time when unity and a positive outlook is required. If we don't go up then by all means it's then a valid discussion but until then I just find this a little divisive, sorry.

Rubbish timing me duck. Nonsense on the money. More importantly lets focus on the success he may bring us in the coming weeks! COYP

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Sorry but this post is totally unnecessary at a time when unity and a positive outlook is required. If we don't go up then by all means it's then a valid discussion but until then I just find this a little divisive, sorry.
    Agreed.

The owners are thankfully much more level headed than fans. In fact did they not say early doors that they DIDN’T expect promotion this season? So actually getting this far is likely to be seen as SUCCESS in the owners eyes, with something to build in for next season.

I like Ardley and hope he is here next season. We have bounced from manager to manager to manager to manager, and look where we are.

We've done all that changing the manager stuff and look where it got us.
    These last few months have been like a reality check. It was like someone saying 'This is what it would have been like not having a club to support'.
    I can tell you I have missed going down The Lane more than I ever imagined and can't wait to hear those turnstiles clicking again.
    Whatever happens in these play offs, we still have a club that is being run properly on and off the field, it's not a time for looking at new managers.

How does the poster know Ardley is the highest earner outside the championship, which I'll have a guess he's not

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Rubbish timing me duck. Nonsense on the money. More importantly lets focus on the success he may bring us in the coming weeks! COYP
    Yeah, if you want to wallow in angst and bitterness at this time there's no hope for you

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast