+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Should he stay or should he go?

Please stop using lol, I can't cope.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm confident only a simpleton would come to that conclusion. Bless em. If you go beyond the tabloid headlines and actually read all of my posts you will see it's not that black and white.

I can only guess that the posters with a strong agenda against the latest Notts manager who have clearly displayed a biased negative view all season , have that view if anyone has a counter to the pitchfork mob.

To help you out going forward Lex, think of me as less Pro-Ardley but more Anti- ridiculous NCM posts.

Thankfully the number of these laughable biased posts,where the manager somehow gets blamed for everything thanks to nothing more than rumour and innuendo, reduced massively during the months of Jan-Mar.

Obviously as soon as we lost to Harrogate there was a spike, as the usual suspects either re-emerged from their caves to scream for change to owners who have publicly stated they don't want to make a change. D'oh!

If you still unsure what I mean by ridiculous laughable posts, look at the title of this very thread and more importantly the timing!

Only NCM could have a thread about whether the manager should stay or go right before the club made their first appearance at Wembley for about 25 years in the National League Play Off final.

Now that is black humour at its finest, and a clear reminder to all that you can't and shouldn't take anything on NCM seriously.

Now get searching for me saying that, and don't forget all those posters who think Ardley was completely blameless for relegation.
    So many strawmen, so much conformation bias, so much mocking condescension.

I can only agree with the mocking condescension LL. Oh and don't forget sense, logic and honesty always throw that mix in there.

Unless you think there hasn't been some absolute ludicrous postings regarding the manager during the season just past? At least some are clear tongue in cheek wind ups with humour, but most appear not to be.

If you didn't have even a little wry smile when you read Jonnyt1's opening post on this thread you really need to lighten up a little. The timing was perfect, so NCM just before a play off final

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    I think �� that’s a very simplistic argument. Like everyone I was gutted when we were relegated. I just don’t think it’s Ardley’s fault. I did think we would be ok last season after Stags and Lincoln, we just couldn’t keep it up.
    Agreed. We should have kicked on at that stage and avoided relegation, but I don't get how you absolve the manager of blame.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    But if you look at the current team it’s a different proposition, and heading in the right direction. The National League is tough to get out of, and I think we’ve had a decent season all things considered.
    Taking the poor state we were in at the start and the excellent squad we had at the end overall, "decent season" is probably a fair description.

Certainly much more accurate than "a brilliant achievement"!

If you still unsure what I mean by ridiculous laughable posts, look at the title of this very thread and more importantly the timing!

Only NCM could have a thread about whether the manager should stay or go right before the club made their first appearance at Wembley for about 25 years in the National League Play Off final.

Now that is black humour at its finest, and a clear reminder to all that you can't and shouldn't take anything on NCM seriously.
    You don't seem to understand what topics like this, and polls on a similar subject are all about. They're not campaigns to get rid of anyone, they're simply to try and get a feel for the general opinion of Notts County fans. That's what messageboards are there for, a bit of news and an exchange of views. You may describe such topics as "ridiculous and laughable" but that's plain stupid. If a topic question was ridiculous and laughable, then I'm sure everyone would offer the same opinion. You don't seem to like it when opinions are different to yours.

Should he stay or should he go?

He should certainly stay, and judging by the backing in terms of transfers and no knee jerk reaction by the owners after the Harrogate game, I think we can safely say Neal will get the backing for this year at least...and rightly so.

There is a slow rebuilding process in place and whilst there were clear weaknesses in the team and tactics throughout the year there are signs that the manager has the capability to rectify those and come back stronger next term.

However, it isn’t a free ride by any stretch. Notts fans are notoriously impatient with managers and although the owners seem rather more level headed I don’t suspect they will be ‘tolerate’ a season in which we don’t push on and maybe even go up.

In my mind, barring any catastrophic start, we should stick with him for the whole of the season and reassess then when more players will be out of contract, giving a new manager time to rebuild properly during a proper preseason.

That's not true at all, of course I know that ****y tiny proportion of Notts fans regularly use this message board. I'm sure you also know that it unofficial message boards and forums are always going to attract the more extreme view from a very small number of supporters.

Maybe some people forget the above, and think the same dozen voices saying the same dozen things since relegation gives a true benchmark of the fanbase's feelings. Thankfully it doesn't.

I believe if one of the pitchfork carrying yokels says something stupid about the club or manager or player with a clear agenda then many will read it , think what an idiot, and not post
    Others like me will respond to highlight how silly the comment was.

I love differing opinions, can't stand the old AGMs and Fans forums with 99% nodding dogs in attendance.

Do you think the timing of this thread was ridiculous, laugh out loud funny, mistimed or just perfect ?

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Should he stay or should he go?

He should certainly stay, and judging by the backing in terms of transfers and no knee jerk reaction by the owners after the Harrogate game, I think we can safely say Neal will get the backing for this year at least...and rightly so.

There is a slow rebuilding process in place and whilst there were clear weaknesses in the team and tactics throughout the year there are signs that the manager has the capability to rectify those and come back stronger next term.

However, it isn’t a free ride by any stretch. Notts fans are notoriously impatient with managers and although the owners seem rather more level headed I don’t suspect they will be ‘tolerate’ a season in which we don’t push on and maybe even go up.

In my mind, barring any catastrophic start, we should stick with him for the whole of the season and reassess then when more players will be out of contract, giving a new manager time to rebuild properly during a proper preseason.
    I don't think anyone - owners or fans - will tolerate a season where we're not pushing for automatic promotion from the off. I think Neal Ardley has definitely earned another shot at taking us back into the league, after overcoming the most nightmarish of preseasons last summer, but we weren't pulling up trees for most of last season. It could be argued that finishing third actually flattered us a little (we were probably there for about a week in total throughout the season) and that for long stretches we underachieved - especially with so many draws against average sides. That won't be good enough this season.

There's more pressure on NA and the team to go up this time around, after last season's free hit, but at least the early signs are encouraging that the owners are doing all they can to get us back where we belong.

Do you think the timing of this thread was ridiculous, laugh out loud funny, mistimed or just perfect ?
    None of those. It was just a thread asking what people thought, and it had no bearing at all on the result so I don't see a problem with it.

... except, Snobhead 1, it gives a platform for the miserable feather pluckers to keep looking backwards and wallow in the misery of their tiny minds, however sincere they may be ...

Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast