+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nabil Bentaleb

Nabil Bentaleb

Been very poor in my opinion since coming in on loan from Schalke. Reports say that he’d cost around £9mil to sign permanently and is on 80k a week in Germany. Would anyone take him?

I’d be bitterly disappointed if we choose to sign him. Offered absolutely nothing positive and is one of several reasons promising local lad Matty Longstaff is choosing to leave the club he supports for Udinese.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    Been very poor in my opinion since coming in on loan from Schalke. Reports say that he’d cost around £9mil to sign permanently and is on 80k a week in Germany. Would anyone take him?

I’d be bitterly disappointed if we choose to sign him. Offered absolutely nothing positive and is one of several reasons promising local lad Matty Longstaff is choosing to leave the club he supports for Udinese.

its a no from me on all of our loan players, all on inflated wages with inflated ego's and not the performances to warrant the move. (the exception being Jetro, i really liked the lad)

Look at it a different way.

If we dont sign any of them, we will be in a relegation battle from the first whistle.

If we spend whatever transfer budget we have to keep them, we will still be in a relegation battle from the first whistle.

Valentino, Rose, Bentaleb can do one, id rather bring back our own players out on loan Woodman, Aarons, Lazaar, Murphey

either way we will be in a relegation scrap.

We should get Jetro back for 6m i think it was, and invest in a goalscorer that can actually find the net, even if it was a loan, i think this would give us a chance of staying up

Absolutely agree.

If we sign him then we can write next season off in terms of anything other than another relegation struggle. It would fit in perfectly with Bruce's statements about us needing to realise where we are and take a reality check. And it's ok for bruce to play the local lad managing his hometown team card when it suits him but he won't extend that courtesy to a local lad who is miles better than bentaleb-in fact, both Longstaffs are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    local lad who is miles better than bentaleb-in fact, both Longstaffs are.
    ^^^ This ^^^

Agreed.

Gutted that we're going to lose Matty over this.

Id keep Lazaro he will be a great player under a proper manager but wouldnt touch Bentaleb 80k a week is shocking he has done nothing since signing

Bruce is an absolute wanker for keeping the Longstaffs out of the team.

Any player worth their salt wouldn't want to be anywhere near a dinosaur of a manager like him. Anything Saint-Maximin says about him that is positive is simply a case of not wanting to shit in his own bed.

It sounds like everyone on this thread has given up on the Saudi takeover.I am fed up with it but haven't given up.

It is yes or no from the Premier League and if it was a definite no we would soon hear about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    It sounds like everyone on this thread has given up on the Saudi takeover.I am fed up with it but haven't given up.

It is yes or no from the Premier League and if it was a definite no we would soon hear about it.
    I don't think any of us have given up on it.

But we can only talk about what it happening and this is a deal that is in the process of happening, also the Longstaff situation has been ongoing, so again, its a talking point.

Bentaleb can fu clk right off I wouldn’t pay him £8k a week

I agree about the longstaffs
    Sean has gone backwards under bruciesaurus

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)