+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: ‘Voluntary’ earnings reduction

‘Voluntary’ earnings reduction

https://news.stv.tv/sport/aberdeen-p...5525400000&top

‘at’s Communism ‘at, is it?

COYR, and **** wishy-washy ‘progressivism’.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    https://news.stv.tv/sport/aberdeen-p...5525400000&top

‘at’s Communism ‘at, is it?

COYR, and **** wishy-washy ‘progressivism’.
    20% reduction for anyone earning above £30K pa. That’s hardly a massive wage in today’s money. Down to £24K, not great for those with mortgages, children etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    20% reduction for anyone earning above £30K pa. That’s hardly a massive wage in today’s money. Down to £24K, not great for those with mortgages, children etc.
    So that means someone earning £31,000 will be worse off than someone earning £29,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    So that means someone earning £31,000 will be worse off than someone earning £29,000.
    That would be quite a perverse outcome but if that’s the way this is applied (the finer detail isn’t known) then even someone earning a little over £37,000 would be worse off than the hypothetical £30,000 salaried employee!

I’d try and get employment elsewhere or ask for am immediate pay cut!

I'm assuming that people earning a few thousand over £30,000 would only have their wage cut to exactly £30,000. Otherwise it would be really unfair.

Not always, but usually a degree of common sense applied in these situations to avoid anomalies happening, as mentioned above and I am sure Cormack would play fair.

It's maybe not great to have your pay cut, but better that than to lose your job. £30k a year isn't to be sniffed at when compared to £75 a week fae the broo.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    We live in an inflated bubble.

The UK average wage is about 30K.
    I remember reading a few years ago that if you were earning more than the UK average (27k at the time if I recall), you were in the top 1% of the worlds earners.
    Puts it in perspective how lucky we are.

I think those are household income stats to boot

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    We live in an inflated bubble.

The UK average wage is about 30K.
    I remember reading a few years ago that if you were earning more than the UK average (27k at the time if I recall), you were in the top 1% of the worlds earners.
    Puts it in perspective how lucky we are.
    Indeed, there are many poorer people out there, no question.

Cost of living is also pertinent to the argument ... for example, if a family of four dines out at a mid-priced Scottish restaurant the bill is generally well over £100, with a few drinks included.

The fact of the matter is that if the main breadwinner earns £30,000 treats such as this are few and far between, if there are children and mortgages involved.

Eating out when you have a young family was always an extravagance.

I would have said “treat” but if you have a squad of kids then you’ll understand why I didn’t.