+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: This 1893 fund raising group

This 1893 fund raising group

What are people’s thought on the new group looking to raise money for the club ?

Looking at it with an open mind, it looks good on paper, but my opinion thoughts go back to DFCSS and the money raised by them, like most people, I thought all money raised was going straight to the club without guns being put to heads, years on and money we all helped raise is sitting in a bank account, how can we be sure the same thing won’t happen

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    What are people’s thought on the new group looking to raise money for the club ?

Looking at it with an open mind, it looks good on paper, but my opinion thoughts go back to DFCSS and the money raised by them, like most people, I thought all money raised was going straight to the club without guns being put to heads, years on and money we all helped raise is sitting in a bank account, how can we be sure the same thing won’t happen
    It's not a new group apparently - it's the club running it with all cash raised going straight to the club.

My fear is that it'll be seen by many as what you describe i.e. a new group looking to compete with society / DSA /independent fund raisers / DeeTV contributors and any other methods we have of putting cash into the club. I don't think it'll last and that most people contributing now on a wave of enthusiasm will change their minds six months down the line.

They've called it a foundation but there is nothing being built on it, just helping with general running costs.

This type of fundraising by football fans for their club is nothing new.
    There is the AberDNA scheme where the money raised each year goes into the manager’s playing budget. This scheme raises £900k per annum.
    Ayr United AU500 scheme where again the money raised annually goes into the manager’s playing budget. According to the Ayr United FC website £40k was raised during the 2018-19 season whilst they hoped to raise £50k during the 2019-20 season.
    Motherwell raise about £200k per annum through the Well Trust and the money raised goes directly to working capital. (Source Companies House). The Well Trust have a majority shareholding in Motherwell Football Club Limited.
    The Foundation of Hearts raises money each year to pay back Ann Budge and they also contributed to the cost of the new main stand at Tynecastle.

Think it's a good thing j.
    The cash goes straight to the club the way I read it.
    So rules out the blazers for cash brigade we have had previously.

I agree with Eric - got to be a good thing
    Could have been launched better though

Ive signed up so must be a good thing

Just signed up today , at least it’s something as I’m not committing to a season ticket yet , I’ve not worked for 4 months

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)