+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT Cricket--England-v-West Indies Test

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    For me the test series against the other nations are just pre season friendlies to knock ourselves in to shape for the ashes encounters .

Blood some players and see who has got something to add to the team and who hasn't .

I like a hard series against India or South Africa prior to an ashes series which normally are a good test but for me everything should be geared towards the ashes .

Beating the Windies , Pakistan or even India means nowt to me .

That little urn is everything .

Yeah it certainly stirs the emotions does the Ashes. When am off work at Chrimbo and we laikin em away av stayed up all neet many a time. A wouldn't do that watching us tour New Zealand.

My favourite series down under was the 2010/11 series when we won 3-1. We battered em to be honest. Cook was in his prime that series. I'd never seen us win the urn in Australia so it was special for me considering all the batterings they dished art in previous years. The Aussies were genuinely poor that series but I didn't care, seeing em bowled art for 90odd int MCG was brilliant. England posted 500+ and going into day 4 we just needed to clean up the Aussie tail. Barely any Aussie fans turned up at the G, a huge 90,000 venue virtually empty with just a couple of blocks of the barmy army cheering our boys on to an easy innings victory, brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Yeah it certainly stirs the emotions does the Ashes. When am off work at Chrimbo and we laikin em away av stayed up all neet many a time. A wouldn't do that watching us tour New Zealand.

My favourite series down under was the 2010/11 series when we won 3-1. We battered em to be honest. Cook was in his prime that series. I'd never seen us win the urn in Australia so it was special for me considering all the batterings they dished art in previous years. The Aussies were genuinely poor that series but I didn't care, seeing em bowled art for 90odd int MCG was brilliant. England posted 500+ and going into day 4 we just needed to clean up the Aussie tail. Barely any Aussie fans turned up at the G, a huge 90,000 venue virtually empty with just a couple of blocks of the barmy army cheering our boys on to an easy innings victory, brilliant.
    Nowt to beat settling darn on a freezing cold winters neet to watch the ashes in OZ on Sky .

We've come along way since I was a kid and you got Richie Benaud introducing an half hour of highlights on BBC 2 a day behind .

Lillee and Thompson steaming in wi Rod Marsh behind the stumps .

Those groups of fans in the ground wi white suits on wearing Richie Benaud face masks and carrying pretend mikes allus made me laugh.

"Morning Everyone. Welcome to the Sydney Cricket Ground".

We need to look after Little Ern more next time he's in our care.

500th wicket for Broad.

7 wickets to go. Wi showers they are up and darn pavillion steps like a tart's knickers.

West Indies 129 all art.

Well done England. Gary Sobers, Wes Hall, Viv Richards, Michael Holding--Your boys took one helluva beating.

Responded very well after that 1st test. Easy victory in the end

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123