Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
I can't cope with another season of Rovers playing all the game through him, as if he was Zidane or something. As far as I'm concerned if he stays, then..

Mowbray out.
Downing was never ever a great player. He was average. Good pro. But never a player who would improve a side overall.
He never changed a game in in his career. He was a 6 or 7/10 kind of lad. Which is good, but not a game changer.
In his first game I saw what I ended up seeing all season long. He gets the ball, 1, 2 3 4 5 touches.....then the ball is released. By that point all their defenders where back in place, and the attack normally broke down.
Set pieces from such an experienced player, where poor. He slowed us down badly, he was played way too much, and sorry to say, he did not improve Rovers at all.
Him, Bennett, Williams, Graham, Johnson, Samuel all added nothing.

And that is reason we did not improve this season. The season we where all told that we would look to try and push on. Not necessarily the play offs or promotion. But we would improve.
Rovers never got into the top 6 at any point over the 46 game season.
The same issues I raised vrs Charlton on the 1st day, where still evident on the final day.

And we played Danny Graham. Not Jack Vale, not anybody promising. But Danny Graham.

Hopefully Tm does leave, and I always felt Downing would join him as a coach back at 'their' club Boro.

We are not going anywhere.