+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Season's Opponents

Next Season's Opponents

If there is a season and despite there only being 2 or 3 games left I work it out that so far only 6 out of our 23 opponents are now confirmed:-

Coventry City
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Norwich City
    Blackburn Rovers
    Reading
    QPR

Picture still muddied over Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday (and maybe even Reading?) dependent upon points deductions.

Anyone hoping Millwall sneak into the Premiership via the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If there is a season and despite there only being 2 or 3 games left I work it out that so far only 6 out of our 23 opponents are now confirmed:-

Coventry City
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Norwich City
    Blackburn Rovers
    Reading
    QPR

Picture still muddied over Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday (and maybe even Reading?) dependent upon points deductions.

Now that would ruffle a few feathers particularly if it ends up with Millwall v West Ham

Wouldn't bet against them. Playing well since coming back.

Imagine if Leeds go up.. Barnsley, hull and Huddersfield go down. Only wednesday would be our local derby and hopefully they start on negative points.

Coventry City
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Norwich City
    Blackburn Rovers
    Reading
    QPR

Would we get any more money for Vaulks if Cardiff go up? If so, I'm going for Cardiff (and West Brom).

I was wondering other day if it would be a significant amount more if West Brom went up as champions?

I'm sure there are many weird and wonderful sell on clauses but what type of sell on clauses are likely / most common, and therefore likely to benefit Rotherham from Ajayi and Vaulks? If we have put some off them in.

% of next sale
    No of club appearances
    No of club goals
    No of international caps
    No of international goals
    Promotion (would champions / runners-up / play offs make any difference).

Hold your breath on any cash windfall from Semi. WBA seem to be doing their best to through it away

Coventry City
    Wycombe Wanderers
    Norwich City
    Blackburn Rovers
    Reading
    QPR

CAM, don't count Reading yet as they may face a -12 point deduction That would put them bottom at the mo.

You can add Middleboro to that list. In their final games they need to concede 12 goals without reply and Barnsley, Luton and Hull to win every game scoring 13 goals each in the process. Damn near impossible so yes Boro are there too.

Barnsley could move out of the bottom 3 tonight with a 13.0 win

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM, don't count Reading yet as they may face a -12 point deduction That would put them bottom at the mo.

You can add Middleboro to that list. In their final games they need to concede 12 goals without reply and Barnsley, Luton and Hull to win every game scoring 13 goals each in the process. Damn near impossible so yes Boro are there too.
    Well I wouldn't bet against 'Boro staying up Brin, especially as Hull and Luton have to play each other but mathematically on points alone they could still finish 23rd so I didn't include them in the 'confirmed' list. Same applies to Derby, mathematically possible they could get into the play offs but 99.9999999999% certain they won't

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast