+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Huns roll call etc

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Post of the decade. Sums it up.
    Cheers mate, I was quite chuffed with it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Cheers mate, I was quite chuffed with it too.
    You’re right about McGeouch though. Illogical signing, because irrespective of how poor Bryson and Ojo have been, when you have committed to playing those 2, why sign the former Sunderland man when you already have Ferguson and Deano? Makes zero sense, even in McInnes’ fcuked up strategic plan.

Would a director of football/sporting director have allowed that to happen? No chance, so currently, there is zero accountability for signings like that or having 7 x over 30 yr olds in the squad.
    Last edited by Feck_the_Huns; 03-08-2020 at 01:57 PM.

McInnes just buys the same player over and over again.

None of them are very good and just slip into oblivion, to re-surface years later as some obscure quiz question.

A therapeutic, relatable piece about the game on Sat for your pleasure. Or displeasure.

https://www.whatastramash.com/home/2...a-week-of-hope

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

None of them are very good and just slip into oblivion, to re-surface years later as some obscure quiz question.
    What's the alternative?
    Ideally, we ought to take more of a gamble with youth and invest in potential youth breaking through elsewhere.
    Arguably, financially, it can't be worse with a similar conversion rate of success and failures, but potentially be more profitable.

Would fans accept that option to try a different approach?
    It was said on Saturday that outwith Hamilton, Aberdeen fielded the youngest team in the SPFL on average throughout last season.

Would fans accept more inconsistency and potential lower finishes if we had given Wright, Rogers, Harvie, Ross's, Anderson, Virtanen etc etc more gametime?

It would be different and some would say worth the gamble. I think if we failed to get Europe or good cup runs, the manager (whoever it was) would still be hounded that it was not good enough.

Is it therefore the fans expectations and need for results that drives a more cautious approach both on (players / tactics) and off the field (signings / development)?

I think it ultimately comes down to results and there would be few fans that would accept a defeat next week if we suddenly blooded more youth as a long term development strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    You’re right about McGeouch though. Illogical signing, because irrespective of how poor Bryson and Ojo have been, when you have committed to playing those 2, why sign the former Sunderland man when you already have Ferguson and Deano? Makes zero sense, even in McInnes’ fcuked up strategic plan.

Would a director of football/sporting director have allowed that to happen? No chance, so currently, there is zero accountability for signings like that or having 7 x over 30 yr olds in the squad.
    Wasn't Bryson signed because it was uncertain if we would have gotten McGeouch?
    Bryson was then the backfall before McGeouch opportunity became more of a reality.
    I wonder if they were also preparing for some big offer bids for Ferguson.

I think Aberdeen are trying to get into the development / sell on strategy.
    McLean was one of the first in recent years with the intention upon signing.
    Similarly Ferguson should be able to be sold for a profit
    Cosgrove / Stockley etc seem to be a model we think we can develop and sell down south.
    We still aim to sell McKenna.
    Hernandez appears to be a similar plan, albeit maybe not with pure AFC investment.

I think Aberdeen are therefore trying to blend youth that can make a decent profit with experience to try and maintain a high enough position in the league to qualify for Europe.

The club is in the coming years going to be focused on where they can develop a commercial profit and if you're not falling into that category, it'll be experience to shore up the team.

"I think if we failed to get Europe or good cup runs, the manager (whoever it was) would still be hounded that it was not good enough.!"

Nothing about winning anything, that is part of the problem that Milne has created....phucking useless potentional 3rd place and "a good cup run".

Phuck me, what an utter clunt that baldy wee tw@t has made of our Club.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Exactly who signs ash Taylor once let alone twice

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What's the alternative?.

Well, if we must buy in bog standard players, given that we can’t produce players to a bog standard level, how about trying to sign some that play in different positions.

Does he wake up in the morning thinking “ I know, what we really need is another completely s’hite midfielder”?

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Exactly who signs ash Taylor once let alone twice
    Ash Taylor has been pretty decent of late.
    Ok, made a mistake coming across and leaving Kent to run in behind him on Saturday, but blocked at lease three very good goal bound efforts on Saturday as well.

Taylor Hoban and McKenna could make a decent back three with Hoban that little bit extra quality that can help read the game situation a bit better

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast