+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Dons v Huns roll call etc

Indeed. But they're contracted till summer 2022? I don't see them getting a Milne-like extension in the meantime. So my point is rather that unless he really turns it around, then time's up as soon as his contract is. If only it were 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    Indeed. But they're contracted till summer 2022? I don't see them getting a Milne-like extension in the meantime. So my point is rather that unless he really turns it around, then time's up as soon as his contract is. If only it were 2021.
    Aye, I wouldn’t envisage another contract unless the football improves &/or we win a trophy.

The only way he might not see out his contract is if we’re struggling to be top 6.
    If that happens then he’s in bother,

COVID-19 has helped him.
    We can’t afford to sack him & there’s no fans at the games to vent their feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    COVID-19 has helped him.
    We can’t afford to sack him & there’s no fans at the games to vent their feelings.
    He is definitely a covid winner. His worst season was stopped before it happened (no way we were winning all the 8 games). He as you say does not have the fans to slate him from the stands. Season tickets sold reasonably well despite nobody having a clue when they will get. A lot of people bought when they weren't going to buy but due to fear of the club debt (plenty of proof of this across social media, new DNA members too for the same reason) and the club are in a financial hole so will not sack him as it will cost 7 figures. One lucky b@stard the c@nt

Just watched the Edmondson interview on RedTV... comes across as a likeable chap and the glimpse we got of him against Rangers showed promise.

One thing though... when asked about his aims for the season, he said (paraphrasing) "help the lads and try to push for a top 3 spot - that would be an amazing achievement."

Ok... the lad is new and he's young... and maybe didn't think through exactly how that might come across, so I'm not being harsh on him. BUT... if finishing third is being sold by McInnes as some great achievement to players joining us, it's just an indication of his negative boring mindset. Here's a young lad, highly rated by a team just promoted to the EPL - you would think highly ambitious... and he's told that he's here to help us get third place. Effectively he's being told, "forget about Rangers and Celtic - they're in a different class to us, we can't really hope to do anything much against them. We're just trying to finish above Motherwell and Hibernian." We're disappointed when we see how we approach games against the OF, but obviously this second class mentality is drilled into the players from day 1.

Dear Mr McInnes, Dear Playing staff .... please stop analysing your own performances! ... to do so is like a bad guitarist reliving his/her mistakes .... to avoid mistakes, they need to be forgotten ... in favour of good practice. If videos are to be studied, then select good stuff ... which will reinforce 'good stuff' .. perhaps even inspire!

Please ignore/focus less on the lack of social distancing and the unfortunate leg break as you study this video on how to get right in aboot the fυckin hun! ... and Deek min .... fitivver colour/smell o' shiτe we attribute tae ye .... dinna ever tak post-match commentary tips fae Alex fυckin Smith!

Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 09-08-2020 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Just watched the Edmondson interview on RedTV... comes across as a likeable chap and the glimpse we got of him against Rangers showed promise.

One thing though... when asked about his aims for the season, he said (paraphrasing) "help the lads and try to push for a top 3 spot - that would be an amazing achievement."

Ok... the lad is new and he's young... and maybe didn't think through exactly how that might come across, so I'm not being harsh on him. BUT... if finishing third is being sold by McInnes as some great achievement to players joining us, it's just an indication of his negative boring mindset. Here's a young lad, highly rated by a team just promoted to the EPL - you would think highly ambitious... and he's told that he's here to help us get third place. Effectively he's being told, "forget about Rangers and Celtic - they're in a different class to us, we can't really hope to do anything much against them. We're just trying to finish above Motherwell and Hibernian." We're disappointed when we see how we approach games against the OF, but obviously this second class mentality is drilled into the players from day 1.

Spot on, when ever is being 3rd considered a success? Embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Dear Mr McInnes, Dear Playing staff .... please stop analysing your own performances! ... to do so is like a bad guitarist reliving his/her mistakes .... to avoid mistakes, they need to be forgotten ... in favour of good practice. If videos are to be studied, then select good stuff ... which will reinforce 'good stuff' .. perhaps even inspire!

Please ignore/focus less on the lack of social distancing and the unfortunate leg break as you study this video on how to get right in aboot the fυckin hun! ... and Deek min .... fitivver colour/smell o' shiτe we attribute tae ye .... dinna ever tak post-match commentary tips fae Alex fυckin Smith!

I don’t know why I persist in watching these old games.
    They only serve to remind me that the game I grew up loving doesn’t exist anymore.

“there was contact, he was entitled to go down” etc.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I don’t know why I persist in watching these old games.
    They only serve to remind me that the game I grew up loving doesn’t exist anymore.

“there was contact, he was entitled to go down” etc.
    Haein watched again ....Ah find masel wonderin fa wid hae been sent aff if Simmie didna draa attention tae himsel by way o' Durrant demandin attention .... and unsure if the latter's leg was broken by Simmie, the Pittodrie turf, or a mean, hard gang o' grasses ... otherwise known as 'blades ya bass' ...

... itherwise tho ... ****! ... that wis a quality hun squad .... Dons 2 ... huns 1 ... and a broken ****in leg .... music min ... music

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post

I wis there that day. One of my favourite ever days at Pittodrie for a few reasons 😉

The bounce when Charlie Ridiculous buried that header was absolutely immense.

It’s another reason why I just can’t be arsed anymore. To go from a team like that - never hid, stood up to the cheeks & had a go & could play a bit too - to the limp wristed shytebaggery we get served up year after year these days, is tough to swallow.

Ach, at least I wis there for those days. Feel for the youngsters who know nothing but abject dross.

Have to say, its a mark of the esteem tattie is held in that he got forgiven for his period of hunnery as frankly, he was a waank that day. Nae many would get awa wi that.

I love the fact Charlies heider move actually started from a terrible kick out from Woods after some pass back w@nkery was had between him butcher. w@nkers

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast