+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deid - legendary guitarist edition

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Fair dos

I just think as a general rule, the greater the ability, the sh1ter the music. The guitarists in ‘Dragon Force’ play the guitar faster than anyone I’ve seen but is sounds gash. I doubt even Pacman could sit through it. To paraphrase John Lennon, ‘Bernard Sumner isn’t even the best guitarist in New Order’ but I’d rather listen to him struggle to put some chords together, than Santana’s self indulgent w@nk, every day of the week. The sound he makes is amazing
    Peter Hook gave New Order and Joy Division their signature sound, on a bass guitar, pretty ******g technical as well.
    Anyway this isn't about a bunch of Mancs, or about technique - it's like an albatross round some people's necks. Any more chat about that and I'll post some Allan Holdsworth.

Albatross - for a while in the 60's Fleetwood Mac were shifting more records than the Rolling Stones and the Beatles, and for a good reason:

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    To paraphrase John Lennon, ‘Bernard Sumner isn’t even the best guitarist in New Order
    Lennon didn't make the mythical comment about Ringo - it's been established that Jasper Carrott originated it.

Peter Green though....

In today's Herald, someone called Maureen Sugden has written an article about Fleetwood Mac, to the extent of describing the band's original establishment, without even a mention of Peter Green.

Where do I go to complain about such matters?

Didn't realize Peter Green was only 73 bit sh it that.

I seem to remember him suffering from depression if I mind right .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12