+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: OT JCB open new HQ in Cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    When was it actually opened?

When was this development first announced, issued to the German local authorities and planned?

Pre brexit possibly?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    That's just reminded me. Years ago before more exotic locations became the norm for stag weekends/nights, we kicked off a stag weekend drinking in the JCB Social Club in Rocester.
    Not too far away from there in Belper was JC Balls a company that hired out plant and excavation equipment

So you could hire a JCB from JC Balls

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Yes.
    Why stick a 2019 article on here today then?

It was announced in 2014. Probably at the planning stage a couple of years before that.

JCB to Invest $40 Million in New Germany Headquarters
    JCB Germany has announced the biggest single investment ever in its business with plans to build a new, $40 million headquarters.

SEP 10, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I suspect that you are missing that the British public were given a choice and voted to leave. And we have left.

I voted remain and have no regrets, but a majority of my fellow citizens made a different choice.
    I dont take the view Brexit ended the morning the result was announced. I think thats when it started and view it as an ongoing politically.

I cant help thinking its an strange stance youre taking that remainers should not comment or brexiteers not be held to account for their promises. I feel discussion quite key to a democratic process. I kind of get why many brexiteers may not want to be reminded.

Like being told nothing much would change in out trading relationship with Europe after we leave (there was a lengthy discussion on the subject on mm).

A few weeks ago "Michael Gove told businesses that trade with Europe they need to prepare for “significant change” with “inevitable” border checks for “almost everybody” who imports from the EU from next year.* “You have to accept we will need some friction. We will minimise it but it is an inevitability of our departure,”

The FT suggests "New customs paperwork issued after Brexit is poised to burden businesses with eye-watering levels of red tape and will cost £7 billion a year to process. Under the new arrangements introduced as part of the government £705 million spending spree to develop the UK’s borders after Brexit, traders could be inundated with 215 million pieces of paperwork every year."

Why werent we told this pre the referendum when we were told Brexit would save us money?* Do you feel we should have this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Why stick a 2019 article on here today then?

It was announced in 2014. Probably at the planning stage a couple of years before that.

JCB to Invest $40 Million in New Germany Headquarters
    JCB Germany has announced the biggest single investment ever in its business with plans to build a new, $40 million headquarters.

SEP 10, 2014
    I think I answered in my post yesterday at 6.18.

I dont take the view Brexit ended the morning the result was announced. I think thats when it started and view it as an ongoing politically.

I cant help thinking its an strange stance youre taking that remainers should not comment or brexiteers not be held to account for their promises. I feel discussion quite key to a democratic process. I kind of get why many brexiteers may not want to be reminded.

Like being told nothing much would change in out trading relationship with Europe after we leave (there was a lengthy discussion on the subject on mm).

A few weeks ago "Michael Gove told businesses that trade with Europe they need to prepare for “significant change” with “inevitable” border checks for “almost everybody” who imports from the EU from next year.* “You have to accept we will need some friction. We will minimise it but it is an inevitability of our departure,”

The FT suggests "New customs paperwork issued after Brexit is poised to burden businesses with eye-watering levels of red tape and will cost £7 billion a year to process. Under the new arrangements introduced as part of the government £705 million spending spree to develop the UK’s borders after Brexit, traders could be inundated with 215 million pieces of paperwork every year."

Why werent we told this pre the referendum when we were told Brexit would save us money?* Do you feel we should have this discussion?
    Serious question? Have you ever negotiated anything in your life?

We get it. You think it’s going to be a disaster.

You might well be right.

I’ll wager movement of goods and duty won’t be massively different to what is now.

COVID will have a massive sway and decisions will be made that wouldn’t have been agreed a few months ago.

Let’s see.

Serious question? Have you ever negotiated anything in your life?

We get it. You think it’s going to be a disaster.

You might well be right.

I’ll wager movement of goods and duty won’t be massively different to what is now.

COVID will have a massive sway and decisions will be made that wouldn’t have been agreed a few months ago.

Let’s see.
    Not sure why you feel the need to patronise with a question like this. I do international import / export, the last 15 years working under WTO regs. But, I guess in the world of Brexit, knowledge counts for nothing.

If we move forward with the EU the way it appears, I will wager you that the process of clearing goods through customs will be significantly different to what it is now, and seriously more expensive.

You say you bring £8m worth of steel in from the EU. Gove says he will not defer vat. You'll have up front vat cost of £1.6m you clear good through customs.

Serious question. Have you considered the full implications import export?

Not sure why you feel the need to patronise with a question like this. I do international import / export, the last 15 years working under WTO regs. But, I guess in the world of Brexit, knowledge counts for nothing.

If we move forward with the EU the way it appears, I will wager you that the process of clearing goods through customs will be significantly different to what it is now, and seriously more expensive.

You say you bring £8m worth of steel in from the EU. Gove says he will not defer vat. You'll have up front vat cost of £1.6m you clear good through customs.

Serious question. Have you considered the full implications import export?
    Yes I have. I also live in a world, where I don't listen to best case or worst case scenarios. Do you seriously think that will happen with steel and other EU goods? Really?

What level of Import Export under WTO terms are we talking about? How much are you trading? £1,000's, 10's of £100's, Millions? More?
    We will not move forward with the EU trade, as it currently appears to you.

You're scaremongering.

Yes I have. I also live in a world, where I don't listen to best case or worst case scenarios. Do you seriously think that will happen with steel and other EU goods? Really?

What level of Import Export under WTO terms are we talking about? How much are you trading? £1,000's, 10's of £100's, Millions? More?

You're scaremongering.
    He's good at that.He must read the Guardian.

You're scaremongering.
    You need to understand this key distinction. What I have said is not based on how I see us trading with the EU. Its an analysis of how Michael Gove says he sees us trading with the EU. I would hope you can understand the key difference.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast