+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Previous last day results.

Previous last day results.

Toon 5 Spurs 1
    Toon 3 Barnsley 0
    Toon 3. Chelsea 0
    Fulham 0 Toon 4

Can't see a score anything like that today.

Arf...I was just going to post this.

Problem is, last day results are very much like first day results, particularly when there's nothing riding on them-you can seldom either predict them or learn anything from them much beyond which set of players' collective heads are more on the beach.

What I do know is that the pundits who have been lining up to praise Bruce will have a narrative lined up to cover either eventuality (a win/draw or a loss). If we get a point or the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse rock up, turn the world on its head and we win then Bruce will be manager of the season, his critics were wrong all along, he should be manager even if we're taken over, blah, blah.

If we lose, however badly, then it's Bruce's horrendous luck with injuries (even he believes the hype, man-he says it's "sod's law"...nowt to do with his training methods, then?) and, well, it's the Champions, what should we expect.

One thing is absolutely certain, though-Rafa will get mentioned in comparison and Steve Bruce will be heralded as his equal or his better...and they'll say it all with a straight face. And there's the point-the only, and I mean only reason they mention Rafa is to have a go at us, at the fans and have a pop at Rafa. They think we're nasty for having a go at their mate, with his woe-is-me, shrug of the shoulders, I'm just trying to do my best puppy dog eyes and they can't stand (and don't understand) why we backed Rafa so completely even when we went down and through the tough-to-watch at times football.

We, the fans, literally can't win today, especially if we win.

Bah. Happy fucking Sunday, everyone.

Unless every single washed up ex-pro they have on to talk absolute nonsense about that particular subject is either on a wind up or backing up their pal, how can they actually believe Bungle Bruce is anything but a serial loser that no decently run club would employ. NUFC under Ashley is a total basket case so he’s actually perfect for us in the world that the owner lives in, yet in the real world, nobody with even a passing interest in football could possibly think he’s anywhere near good enough for the top two divisions.

Well, the thing is, y'see is that they only like to use stats when it backs up their opinion. They're absolutely dying for us to beat Rafa's points total so that they can trumpet how much more successful Bruce has been....but they'll conveniently ignore all the other stats about expected goals for and against, possession, pass completion, etc because we're either at the bottom or very near the bottom of the table for those.

Again, it's all about their agenda. The truth genuinely doesn't matter. I've heard several pundits lauding our style of play and applying it to the whole season when some of the football we've played has been the worst in living memory.

I think today will be another Man City style rabbit in the headlights embarrassment - Useless Bruceless will be pooing his pants at the prospect of a 6 or 7 nil tonking.

At least the test match is getting interesting, weather permitting

It could be the first double figure scoreline win for Liverpool. 12-0

Brucey will line up with his mega defensive tactics and have Gayle up top all on his own and hope to keep the score down

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Toon 5 Spurs 1
    Toon 3 Barnsley 0
    Toon 3. Chelsea 0
    Fulham 0 Toon 4

Can't see a score anything like that today.
    Well let's do a Watford on them. Liverpool were being talked about as going through the season unbeaten until they encountered the mighty Watford.

Good bet on Betfair could be to lay Liverpool at a price of 1/2 which gives you either home win or draw at 2 to 1.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)