+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Olsson

Olsson

Whatever happened to Marcus Olsson. When did he leave?

He was released by Derby County at the end of the 2018–19 season

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    He was released by Derby County at the end of the 2018–19 season
    ...and, as far as I know, hasn’t played for anyone since.

He probably won't need to sign on though, his sister us married to Dirk Novitski who has made a few hundred million dollars from a basketball career in Dallas

Just on the full back issue at Derby County when did we last have one that could actually defend and make a tackle and put someone in the stand
    I can't rightly remember
    Why do we have players that tackle with the outside of their foot , it drives me mad
    Forsyth does it
    Lowe does it all the time
    Bogel does it
    Olsen did it before he left

The young lad Buchannan is the only one that doesn't

I would like to see a Stuart Pearce or a Julian Dicks type

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Just on the full back issue at Derby County when did we last have one that could actually defend and make a tackle and put someone in the stand.

Maybe you would eddy, but I doubt you’d see them very often.
    The game has changed and, rightly or wrongly, the likes of Tommy Smith, Ron Harris, Mark Dennis (and Pearce or Dicks) would see red more often than you’d see them these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Maybe you would eddy, but I doubt you’d see them very often.
    The game has changed and, rightly or wrongly, the likes of Tommy Smith, Ron Harris, Mark Dennis (and Pearce or Dicks) would see red more often than you’d see them these days.
    Wrongly

Just on the full back issue at Derby County when did we last have one that could actually defend and make a tackle and put someone in the stand
    I can't rightly remember
    Why do we have players that tackle with the outside of their foot , it drives me mad
    Forsyth does it
    Bogel does it

Your right Eddie it drives me mad to . We don't have a full back who can defend The number of goals we concede through our full backs being unable to stop cross Bogle and Lowe are the worst . As for putting the winger in to the stands hard to think of one probably Mceverley he didn't take any prisoners But he wouldn't suit the recent managers we've had he never went over the halfway line . Hope it's sorted next season but doubt it

I can't rightly remember
    Forsyth does it
    Bogel does it

Bucko. Almost over the stand

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Wrongly
    Oh yes those days, jumpers for goal posts and Hunter snapping at yer legs!! The game is very different and I for one am glad we dont see tackles like there used to be, however, a defender should still be able to defend and block crosses or stop a man going past him.

Full backs these days are more like wingers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)