+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Chelsea Match Day Thread

Should be Azpilacueta’s second yellow and a red

West Ham 1-1 Villa FT

Villa stay up by the skin of their teeth

Would have loved to see how the second half played out had the refs not gifted Chelsea their first goal, but we never looked like scoring even when we needed to. Between this match and the robbery of Burnley, and all the VAR decisions that have gone against us and never for us, I feel very unfortunate to not be in Europa play. BUt we still have a chance. Let’s just go win Europa League!

Chelsea much better than us today. They do the double over us and the five they scored at Molineux ruined our goal difference and it has cost us today. Still the Europa League to compete in.

Watford go down

Very disappointed by our overall performance today, I expected so much more. In truth, we made it look easy for Chelsea and they took full advantage of a non-existent Wolves attack. Although Chelsea deserved their win today...I just hope Arsenal smack their a--e next weekend.

Let's hope we can regain our former 'golden form' when we face Olympiakos in the Europa.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzledWolf View Post
    Very disappointed by our overall performance today, I expected so much more. In truth, we made it look easy for Chelsea and they took full advantage of a non-existent Wolves attack. Although Chelsea deserved their win today...I just hope Arsenal smack their a--e next weekend.

Let's hope we can regain our former 'golden form' when we face Olympiakos in the Europa.
    We need Chelsea to beat Arsenal so 7th place is awarded a Europa League spot.

Though, if I’m honest, I think the path to Champions League lies in winning Europa League this year, or not having to deal with continental football at all next season so we can be more rested for the Premier League on a regular basis. Our players have a lot of miles (or kilometers) on their legs this past year and they didn’t get a real summer break due to COVID and it requiring them to stay in relative shape as they didn’t know when play would resume.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    We need Chelsea to beat Arsenal so 7th place is awarded a Europa League spot.

Though, if I’m honest, I think the path to Champions League lies in winning Europa League this year, or not having to deal with continental football at all next season so we can be more rested for the Premier League on a regular basis. Our players have a lot of miles (or kilometers) on their legs this past year and they didn’t get a real summer break due to COVID and it requiring them to stay in relative shape as they didn’t know when play would resume.
    Fair points made Mich.

I don't think we can be disappointed with the season. Realistically 7th place is just about right. Are the teams above us better than we are, with the exception of Spurs probably yes. Are we better than the teams below us, I think yes. QED, kind of!

Let's see what Europe brings us, hopefully a lift in standards to set us up for next season.

WELL DONE MI BABBIES!!!!

Mich', thanks for reminding me that the outcome of the F.A. Cup Final might provide us with a 'backdoor' entry to the Europa League next season. Personally, if we are to play in the Europa League next season, I would have much preferred that we did so by virtue of our own achievement rather than rely on the outcome of a game over which we have no control. However, I also appreciate that beggars can't be choosers.

Woody, old mate, following some of our excellent performances earlier this season, I'm a bit surprised that, like me, you didn't expect a better performance from our lads as they were 'coming up the home straight' (so to speak). About six weeks ago I had every expectation we would be contesting European football next season,,,just goes to show how much I know !

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)