Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
Afraid I agree with islay, I had test done in April and it was painful, I thought they were trying to pop my left eye out, I’d be surprised if most folk doing self testing are putting swab that far up
After I got the result of my test which was negative I was shopping in Tesco. I overheard two male members of staff speaking about one of them having the coronavirus test.
I asked him how he found the test.
He told me that he had sent away for a self testing kit. I asked him how he got on inserting the swab up his nostril past the bridge of his nose and into his nasal canal. He told me that he just put the swab into his nostril and a separate swab into his throat. His result was also negative.
I also saw a news report on the BBC 6 o’clock news where a person was shown testing herself overseen by a member of the Army. This person also just put the swab into their nostril and another swab into their throat which bore little resemblance to the coronavirus test I had received.
If people are not taking the test correctly then it is possible that they have coronavirus but do not have any symptoms of the virus meaning that they could be inadvertently spreading the disease.