+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today We Were Garbage

Angry Today We Were Garbage

Good luck. With anyone who takes Sean,...That was SH!T!!
    no idea whatsoever how to break down Brighton ,..For Goodness sake , Pathetic From Board to Manegement

IMO what you say is a little bit harsh. We were without a number of definite4 starters so that is a major reason for our overall performance. I thought the injuries would give Vydra his opportunity but his performances show why he doesnt get in, a player we should release. Both Gudmondson and Brady have akso no impact and lose the ball to often so those two can be released. Of course who comes in is another matter but given our performances with limited resources I think SD should be applauded. I hope he stays he knows how to organise and get results.

yup we were crap, but its mainly a few players letting the side down. If we can improve in all areas we'll be better.

Don't think we would have lost with a full strength side.

There was a game a couple of weeks ago, can't remember who against now, we had to play Jay and Vydra up front, no point then just lumping the ball up, and in the first half especially it was like watching Barcelona, we footballed them off the park. Today Wood was back in and the lump it option was back in play. And didn't we just use it.

Can't be good every game ..

Stonewall penalty on Jay Rod that Moss would have given to 19 other EPL teams.
    Wood then failed to clear the penalty area and we conceded a "Worldie".
    Long got the wrong side of a player and got done for lack of speed and we conceded a bad second.
    JBG failed to come off the line when the ball is played in and Jay Rod's headed goal is disallowed.
    Fine margins.
    On serious reflection if you could clone JBG and Brady together, you still would not get one decent player!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Stonewall penalty on Jay Rod that Moss would have given to 19 other EPL teams.
    Wood then failed to clear the penalty area and we conceded a "Worldie".
    Long got the wrong side of a player and got done for lack of speed and we conceded a bad second.
    JBG failed to come off the line when the ball is played in and Jay Rod's headed goal is disallowed.
    Fine margins.
    On serious reflection if you could clone JBG and Brady together, you still would not get one decent player!
    Yes BT, Jay should have had a penalty, but it went to VAR and it still wasn't given, what they or Moss saw that made them think it was a fair challenge I've no idea, if it had occurred on the half-way line it would have been a free kick every time, no hesitation. It reminded of the Wolves game, Tarko went through the back of a Wolves player to win a header on the halfway line, free kick to Wolves, five minutes later Long did the same, free kick to Wolves, five minutes later a Wolves defender went through the back of Jay in the penalty area and flattened him, play on. C'est la vie.

I think you're being a bit unfair on JBG and Brady, if you could clone them, and keep them FIT, you'd have a superb player imo.

I'm still trying to work out how we had three players cautioned and Maupay was never even spoken to, even though he clattered both Bardsley and Pieters!
    Brownhill's caution on 5 minutes was an absolute joke but I think that it affected his game because you are always walking a tightrope with one 'iffy' challenge. Bardsley, getting stuck in as usual, received a caution for getting stuck in ---you can't do that these days and Pieters caution in the last few minutes was an absolute joke. The AR insisted that he had fouled Lamptey, however, Lamptey fell over the ball, mind you he had been doing the dying swan act most of the afternoon, along with quite a number of other Brighton players. Modern football at its worst!

BT --you forgot to mention the ball hitting Stephens head on the line and also the block on Long's shot, however, that's football.

Strange that we have had a couple of good results and performances when more players could not be picked yet we have a poor performance and that is used for the excuse

That is what I mean about Dyche having his drawbacks, The Ice should have been hooked long before he was, and when he was the other numb nut Brady was prefered to Vydra, Vydra should have been given more time than what he was given, poor tactics from Dyche.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Strange that we have had a couple of good results and performances when more players could not be picked yet we have a poor performance and that is used for the excuse

That is what I mean about Dyche having his drawbacks, The Ice should have been hooked long before he was, and when he was the other numb nut Brady was prefered to Vydra, Vydra should have been given more time than what he was given, poor tactics from Dyche.
    Both JBG and Brady currently look a long way away from being Premier League players to me Alto. God knows how we can improve them in six weeks? (Truth is we can't!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)