+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New away strip - Purple !!

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Huncoat? There's a place called Huncoat? Jesus, how unfortunate.
    Hahaha never actually thought about it like that before 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Hahaha never actually thought about it like that before 😂
    You will forever now. Sorry. 😂

Not for me. Go as far as to say awful. 🤮

Actually, probably the quickest turn around since our mate mr nelms. But just seen the full strip and have to say it doesn’t look that bad.

Double Decker United!
    Love it.

Anything adorned with our magnificent club crest is a thing of beauty

Name:  away kit.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  8.8 KB

I like it. I haven't liked a lot of our strips in the past. Brown sleeves and sponsor names stuck badly but I must say I like both the home and away kit this year. My only criticism maybe is the black home socks. Why not tangerine.
    At least they can't get the wrong shade when it's black socks.

Name:  Home kit.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  8.8 KB

i dont mind the away strip, its a nice touch too with the clubs ties with Dementia through kopels law, and the desire of the utd fans to forget most of the last 5 Years. The Home kit feels a bit uninspiring though and Like a catalogue strip a lot of People used to accuse Nike of. Must be hard coming up with fresh ideas for strips every year now, wont happen for commercial reasons, but was much better when clubs stuck with a kit for 2 Season ar least, you could Identity players/eras by specific strips.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    i dont mind the away strip, its a nice touch too with the clubs ties with Dementia through kopels law, and the desire of the utd fans to forget most of the last 5 Years. The Home kit feels a bit uninspiring though and Like a catalogue strip a lot of People used to accuse Nike of. Must be hard coming up with fresh ideas for strips every year now, wont happen for commercial reasons, but was much better when clubs stuck with a kit for 2 Season ar least, you could Identity players/eras by specific strips.
    That’s a good point, when was the last time we had a home kit for longer than one season? I think it must be TFG circa early 2000s? I.i.r.c. we had the same kit a couple of years on the bounce where the only change was the typeface of the sponsors logo but otherwise the same kit. I may be wrong though.

In an ideal scenario you would keep the same home and away kits for a couple of years but change them in alternative seasons, that way there would either be a new home kit or a new away kit at the start of every season. But let’s face it, for commercial reasons that is simply just not going to happen these days.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)