Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
Head in the sand just does not work Supersub6...

Attachment 16442
It worked for Brecht though, BT. A man who eventually came to live in East Germany, who, in spite of being born in Augsburg, Germany applied for Austrian nationality in 1950 which meant that he could stash his earnings away in an Austrian Bank. He totally ignored the fact that many of his friends were subsequently 'disposed of' by the Russians in the mid 1950s.

He left a legacy with his work in establishing his theatre company in East Berlin and his collaboration with Kurt Weil in The Threepenny Opera etc., etc., however, he was furthering his own ends, as they all do and, in spite of what you quoted, he definitely had his head buried in the sand because it suited him ---perhaps that is why he was such an expert on what happens if you do bury your head in the sand.
Personally, I am very much aware of what is happening, I stand up for the things that affect me and those around me but I could not give a damn about anything which I can't influence or would just be a total waste of time and effort in trying to do anything. It is great to live stress free, something which many people feel isn't possible ----it is all a state of mind and it is possible.