+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay Guys and Girls, whats the next chaptor?

Okay Guys and Girls, whats the next chaptor?

We won nothing but everything yesterday. We live to fight another season in the best league in the world.
    For me we need to now learn from the mistakes, continue to grow the culture, try and keep Jack for one more year and bring in 3 or 4 quality signings, maybe keep Riena? Get rid of Nyland. Realease, Elmo, Alghazi, Landsbury put Davis and Samatta out on loan.
    Sell Nakamba
    Obtain:
    1x CH
    1x CM
    1 x CF
    1 x RW
    We need to start where we finshed, compact, organised, determined, focused.
    4 games 2 wins 2 draws no defeats F5 A2, thats, thats top 10 form.
    6 weeks, thats all we have. No time for the backroom staff to hang about, no point in taking a holiday (covid), gives the players 2 weeks off then back to full time training.
    How much do we need to invest this season, I would say 60 million min?
    What should our target be, top half, why not!

Thoughts guys before we all have a well earned break ourselves?

If we manage to keep Mings, Jack and SJM then sell;

No fee; Taylor, Lansbury, Jota

Fee; AEG, Nyland, Nakamba, Samatta, Engels (I sense a falling out with DS, shame really), Kalinic, and Wesley.

Buy, must have experience of British football; LB, CH, Mid x2, CFx2 and a decent winger.

Keep; Elmo, Targett, Trez, Hause, CH, and Steer for the bench.

Blood; Barry, Ramsey, Carney, Vassilev in the cups and post-Xmas.

Obviously, if the top 3 leave, then replace them with quality. So that’s at least 10 out and at least 7 in.

Mmmmmmm, we could be in danger of doing a Fulham

Agree with almost all of that Exiled except Wesley - our points with him dwarfed our points without until this mini run of form started, it takes time for foreign players to find their feet in English football. Not saying he should be our first choice and nor Davis but both have something to offer.

Imagine a full season with Luiz/Konsa in the form they are in, McGinn playing higher up the pitch and some big chances being created for a good quality striker.

Post Covid the money sloshing around isn't going to be what it was and I can see TV deals being re-negotiated because of it. Transfer fees and wages are likely to be affected but it's the same in relative terms for all clubs in the division.

Wesley could still come good. Not sure on Samatta and certain Davis isn't the answer.

Mitrovic or Tammy please

Fraser, Deulofei or Cantwell

Benrahma as a must have!

Get Axel back.... Sorted!

Suso gone, first change!

Striker who knows where the net is is the biggest priority. Had we had an Ings this season we would be mid table. Not convinced about Wes, Samatta clearly isn’t the answer and Davis needs a partner up front if he’s going to play a part.

El Ghazi and Trez (despite his important goals) don’t look up to standard so that needs looking at too. Not convinced about Targett either if I’m honest.

Hopefully some of our youngsters will come through. I was hoping O’Hare might have been one but clearly not. I love it when one or two make the grade.

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Wesley could still come good. Not sure on Samatta and certain Davis isn't the answer.

Mitrovic or Tammy please

Fraser, Deulofei or Cantwell

Benrahma as a must have!

Get Axel back.... Sorted!
    Cant argue with that lot. Would be nice to bring in an old head like Milner.

I have said this before but Milner is a great shout👍

Milner fantastic pro wish more players had his work ethic but as a player now for us I think his time is up hopefully he’ll become coach in some form or other.

Milner has expressed all season that his dream is to go back to his boyhood club, should they get promoted... Leeds Utd.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)