+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The inevitable 'who would you take from the relegated teams' thread

The inevitable 'who would you take from the relegated teams' thread

Ok, so...if the takeover happens, think of players who could add to the squad depth. If the unthinkable happens, who would improve our first team (not a hard job, tbf)?

Maybe that floppy haired kid-Cantwell-from Norwich.

I'd definitely take Deeney and Foster from Watford

From Bournemouth I'd have Ake.

Thoughts?

Brooks from Bournemouth and Sarr but not for silly money and Deeney for his goals and experience

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Brooks from Bournemouth and Sarr but not for silly money and Deeney for his goals and experience
    I was going to say Sarr too. Canny player.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I was going to say Sarr too. Canny player.
    None of them.

I dislike signing players from relegated teams, on the whole they are generally damaged goods.

Baring the exception to the rule - Gini et al from us when we went down but that's because of the cretin managing that season and the clowns running the show. Those relegated this season were all dross teams with dross players.

West Ham and Villa can count themselves very lucky that they player in this season with those loser. I am very disappoint both of these teams survived, not because I see any of their players as valuable potential signings but more that I dislike them as clubs. I guess it's the claret and blue I hate. lol.

Stating the obvious we need to take over to be approved so we can avoid Ash-hole and Bruise fishing in the odds bin for scraps to knock up an aborted square player and then hammer him with zero class, tactical or technical ability through a round hole in the team; and there are massive gapping holes all over the first team & the squad by extension.

Getting our own house in order should be a priority.

Matty not getting a contract whilst potentially offering Bentaleb & Ross massive salaries is, let's face it, a F.ucking C.unts trick (excuse the extreme language) but it just shows the complete lack of a clue from the a.ssholes in charge.

Dinosaurs of the sport continue to poison and destroy the club with their failed incompetent ways.

Bruise is pleased with everything, so is Ash-hole. What a surprise that none of us fans are!

F.ucking s.hit show gents.

I’m not a major fan of taking players from relegated teams to another team that see survival as a miracle achievement. They’re used to losing and, unfortunately, we fit that description to a tee under our current management.

David Brooks is the stand out player of those relegated in my opinion. He would cost much more than we can afford though. Ake heading to Man City apparently. Cantwell looks decent but again out of our price range. Desperate situation when you can’t afford Championship players...

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ok, so...if the takeover happens, think of players who could add to the squad depth. If the unthinkable happens, who would improve our first team (not a hard job, tbf)?

Maybe that floppy haired kid-Cantwell-from Norwich.

I'd definitely take Deeney and Foster from Watford

From Bournemouth I'd have Ake.

Thoughts?
    The best we could take from Bournemouth would be Eddie Howe. I think he would do a K.K. job up here replacing the clown we have at the moment.

I'd take Brookes as well.

Beyond that - none have majorly stood out for me.

Cantwell, I think has looked good because of hte poorness around him.

But yeh, without the takeover we couldn't afford any of them anyway.

**** sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    The best we could take from Bournemouth would be Eddie Howe. I think he would do a K.K. job up here replacing the clown we have at the moment.
    I agree, but I don't think he wants to go to the North.

I wouldn't replace Dubravka with Foster, I genuinely believe we have one of the best keepers in the league. We also have some decent defenders, and I think Schär would work wonders in defensive midfield. ASM is a very good player too.

Other than that, I'd replace most of the rest. Would love to see Deeney in a Toon shirt though I wonder what his wages would be. Too much for Ashley I think and I'm not so sure about the takeover anymore.

And please don't sign Bentaleb or Rose permanently <-- talk of damaged goods.

Todd Cantwell of Norwich keeps going and never gives up.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    I agree, but I don't think he wants to go to the North.

I wouldn't replace Dubravka with Foster, I genuinely believe we have one of the best keepers in the league. We also have some decent defenders, and I think Schär would work wonders in defensive midfield. ASM is a very good player too.

Other than that, I'd replace most of the rest. Would love to see Deeney in a Toon shirt though I wonder what his wages would be. Too much for Ashley I think and I'm not so sure about the takeover anymore.

And please don't sign Bentaleb or Rose permanently <-- talk of damaged goods.
    Eddie Howe did have a spell at Burnley so in spite of the fat slug still being here he may have considered us worth a try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)