+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20/21 Crystal Ball

With regard to that Scottish 2nd division player, I have seen quite a few on social media referring to him as Shinniesta.

Those folk need a huge dose of reality. He aint a bad player BUT no way can he be compared favourably to Iniesta.

[QUOTE=MadAmster;39542584]Do we need a new #1 keeper though? I realise that will raise a smile with some of you. Roos, as he was when he ousted Carson from the starting XI was good enough. He then chose to have a bit of a disaster at Wembley. From then on, he had the crowd on his back and he got worse and, quite rightly, Hamer replaced him. Then Hamer hit a rough patch and, with 3 games to go, we had Roos back. In the first 2 I had him down as our best player. In the 3rd he lasted 12 minutes before Jutkiewicz took him out. I have confidence in the keeper that ousted Carson and in the one that replaced Hamer. IMO, he'll be fine provided the crowd doesn't get on his back. We need another keeper in of a similar standard (the I ousted Carson standard) so they can push each other all the way.

MA you have confidence in the keeper who ousted Carson . Well that Carson was not the one we were used to ,he was a spent force and probably still is . I remember being at Stoke ,Tuesday night match he was terrible ,my granddad could have got down quicker and he's been dead 10yrs. He cost us the game ,He's only at Man Cty to boost the English total they have to have . Yes unlikely to ever play . Roos I would keep as a number two ,good shot stopper but there's always a mistake in him

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Eddy agree all of those can go except Shinnie (that Scottish second division player) you know the one who is full international and Captain of Aberdeen 😉😉
    Just my personal opinion don't rate him and doesn't look like Cocu does much, full squad he's on the bench
    Very lightweight, doesn't effect the game, like many, too many backward moves, hasn't really got the confidence to boss the midfield
    If I was his coach . I tell him to show more confidence. the easy ball backwards everytime will get you on the sub's bench more than in the team
    Anya is a full international in Scotland I recall, but to be fair he did actually effect the game a bit more ,When he played

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Just my personal opinion don't rate him and doesn't look like Cocu does much, full squad he's on the bench
    Very lightweight, doesn't effect the game, like many, too many backward moves, hasn't really got the confidence to boss the midfield
    If I was his coach . I tell him to show more confidence. the easy ball backwards everytime will get you on the sub's bench more than in the team
    Anya is a full international in Scotland I recall, but to be fair he did actually effect the game a bit more ,When he played
    Fully get your point eddy, however, might you be looking at the wrong cause of what is a real issue you have highlighted.

Might the cause of his back- and side-wards passing be elsewhere in the team? Look at many recent games. We have had 60% and more possession in many of them. Much of it seeing the ball passed around between the back 4 and the keeper, well in our own half. A lot of ot caused by those ahead showing insufficient movement into space and therefore being easily marked and thus not a good outlet for a pass. If there is no good forward pass on, what else can they do but side or back? All this has been helped by the opposition, even relegation threatened Brum, pressing us all over the field. They only had 43% possession but they managed 13 shots to our 7 although we did have one more than them on target.

[QUOTE=eddy779h34;39542911]Just my personal opinion don't rate him and doesn't look like Cocu does much, full squad he's on the bench
    Anya is a full international in Scotland I recall, but to be fair he did actually effect the game a bit more ,When he played [/QUOTE

]
    Yes your right just opinions it's hard to boss a midfield when you have Rooney and Bird doing it I know he's only a Scottish international so are Martin and Russell I don't rate either of them

We need a couple of attacking defenders who can defend, Regarding Roos, he'd be a decent Keeper if he could catch a ball but he can't! Love to have Jack Butland here, can't believe he's still at Stoke. What potential that lad had!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    We need a couple of attacking defenders who can defend, Regarding Roos, he'd be a decent Keeper if he could catch a ball but he can't! Love to have Jack Butland here, can't believe he's still at Stoke. What potential that lad had!
    Roos CAN catch a ball as he proved in the 2 full games he played following Hamer's little disaster. He also did it when he took over from Carson. Then he ahd that Wembley wobble and, aided and abetted by the crowd on his back, took to flapping and punching. Lost his place, rightly so, and has spent time working on the catching which, witness the Cardiff and Leeds games, appears to have had some success.

If he is still #1 next season I would hope the crowd do not get on his back. It doesn't help any player in any position and is possibly worse for keepers. I remember one game where the oppo keeper blundered early doors to give us the opener. Every time the ball went anywhere near him, all of Pride Park was making a noise and it put him right off his game. Whatever fans think, whatever fans write on fora, whatever fans say, once a player crosses that white line for a game they should all get nothing less than 100% support, IMVHO.

[QUOTE=eddy779h34;39542911]Just my personal opinion don't rate him and doesn't look like Cocu does much, full squad he's on the bench
    Anya is a full international in Scotland I recall, but to be fair he did actually effect the game a bit more ,When he played [/QUOTE

Eddy you must have a very good memory if you can remember Anya effecting a game The only time I ever saw him do that was for Watford 😂

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Roos CAN catch a ball IMVHO.
    Come on MA you can't be serious surely? The times he punches it into unknown dangerous territory is because he has no confidence in his catching ability. If he wears a Derby shirt I would always back him 100% but to say he can catch a ball is something I can't agree with. If he could get that part of his game right we wouldn't need a new Keeper!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Come on MA you can't be serious surely? The times he punches it into unknown dangerous territory is because he has no confidence in his catching ability. If he wears a Derby shirt I would always back him 100% but to say he can catch a ball is something I can't agree with. If he could get that part of his game right we wouldn't need a new Keeper!
    MoP I have to agree with you he just can't catch a cross ,everything else he does is ok ,at 6ft 5mins every cross should be his but he lets himself be trapped in his line . As for booing and jeering him that's not on, certainly never going to help him .It's got even worse since his mistake in the final but what a lot of fans don't know he played in another play off final at Wembley keeping a clean sheet and MOM for AFC Wimbledon so he can do it and you would expect more crosses and high balls in League Two .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)