+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20/21 Crystal Ball

He's not good enough. It's one thing supporting him whilst he wears the shirt, and there's no reason to have any personal ills, but ultimately I want the best for Derby County, and our current keepers aren't good enough to get us where we want to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Come on MA you can't be serious surely? The times he punches it into unknown dangerous territory is because he has no confidence in his catching ability. If he wears a Derby shirt I would always back him 100% but to say he can catch a ball is something I can't agree with. If he could get that part of his game right we wouldn't need a new Keeper!
    In the very best panto tradition.... oh, yes he can. And did so in his first spell when he took over from Carson. Then came Wembley and the aftermath. Hamer took over rightly IMO. The Hamer blundered and Roos got another chance. The first 2 games, against Cardiff and the DYS, he was our best player, caught everything he should have and it was not down to him that we lost both games. Then he played the opening 12 minutes against Brum and didn't put a foot wrong.

He CAN do it. He HAS done it for Derby as recently as mid July 2020. He CAN do it again. The big question is whether or not he will get the chance. My guess is that we will get a new keeper in during this mini closed season and Roos will be #2.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    In the very best panto tradition.... oh, yes he can. And did so in his first spell when he took over from Carson. Then came Wembley and the aftermath. Hamer took over rightly IMO. The Hamer blundered and Roos got another chance. The first 2 games, against Cardiff and the DYS, he was our best player, caught everything he should have and it was not down to him that we lost both games. Then he played the opening 12 minutes against Brum and didn't put a foot wrong.

He CAN do it. He HAS done it for Derby as recently as mid July 2020. He CAN do it again. The big question is whether or not he will get the chance. My guess is that we will get a new keeper in during this mini closed season and Roos will be #2.
    MA Carson is back at Derby now I just hope they are not thinking of making him No1 We desperately need a new one and new goalkeeping coach wouldn't go amiss Darlow available on a free from Newcastle or Ruddy from Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    MA Carson is back at Derby now I just hope they are not thinking of making him No1 We desperately need a new one and new goalkeeping coach wouldn't go amiss Darlow available on a free from Newcastle or Ruddy from Wolves
    Always rated Ruddy.

Did he sign a new contract then mista? According to a list I downloaded from dcfc.co.uk a year ago, his contract expired in June so he is a free agent.

Did he sign a new contract then mista? According to a list I downloaded from dcfc.co.uk a year ago, his contract expired in June so he is a free agent.
    Not sure I thought he finished in June ,but according to the DT he's back at the club and available Probably another FFP scam

Not sure I thought he finished in June ,but according to the DT he's back at the club and available Probably another FFP scam
    Available to play or available for sale? ....... which would be weird if his contract has expired he's a free agent.......

Available to play or available for sale? ....... which would be weird if his contract has expired he's a free agent.......
    I'm confused Man Cty saying he's left the club The ST tonight saying he's stopping at Man Cty
    By the way Mitchell gone to Northampton for the season ,so making room for new keeper hopefully

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    He's not good enough. It's one thing supporting him whilst he wears the shirt, and there's no reason to have any personal ills, but ultimately I want the best for Derby County, and our current keepers aren't good enough to get us where we want to be.
    Have to agree with that. Don’t want fans getting on his back because that’s completely counter productive - look what they did to Cyrus Christie - but Roos isn’t good enough. Makes some great one on one stops but his handling of crosses and command of the area aren’t good enough. He seems to allow himself to get bullied and we need better.
    Not sure how good our goalkeeping coaching actually is. There seems to have been little if any improvement over the last couple of years in this position...the best practitioners don’t always make the best teachers/coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Have to agree with that. Don’t want fans getting on his back because that’s completely counter productive - look what they did to Cyrus Christie - but Roos isn’t good enough. Makes some great one on one stops but his handling of crosses and command of the area aren’t good enough. He seems to allow himself to get bullied and we need better.
    Not sure how good our goalkeeping coaching actually is. There seems to have been little if any improvement over the last couple of years in this position...the best practitioners don’t always make the best teachers/coaches.
    Her made his blunder at Wembley and, partly thanks to the crowd, didn't recover and was, rightly IMO, replaced by Hamer. Then it was Hamer's turn to blunder and Roos got a 2nd chance. First 2 games, Cardiff and the DYS. We lost both but he was not at fault. In fact, I had him down as our MOTM in both games. In both games he dealt well with all the crosses they sent in. Has he re-learned how to catch in the 6 yard box during his stint as #2? Those 2 games would suggest he possibly has. You are only as good as your last game. He had 2 MOTM performances and the last game ended, for him, after 12 minutes. Done, IMO, on purpose by Jutkiewicz. Two and a bit very good games on the bounce is hat he takes into the new season and that is what Cocu will be looking at, not his shaky start to the season. How he performs in training when they return will either reinforce that or the new keeper I expect to see will take the #1 spot.

With regard to the coaching, I would suggest that, based on Cardiff and DYS, they have worked on his catching and it appears to have had success.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)