+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer window now open

Defensively miles better, because Luiz and Konza were so much better than pre-lockdown, because Grealish did some great tracking back to the edge of his own box & because there were less individual errors. We still had our moments but had we carried a more potent goal threat I'm convinced we would have beaten Sheff Utd, West Ham, Everton and perhaps nabbed a point from Liverpool & Wolves.

If Heaton isn't going to be fit then we definitely need Reina back, he's a better option than Nyland and Steer needs more experience in a team where he's first choice between the sticks.

Of all the striker names mentioned it has to be Tammy for me and a great crosser to feed him.

Would he? 🤔

Who would he what? who are you talking about Dave. The last few posts have confused me.

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Defensively miles better, because Luiz and Konza were so much better than pre-lockdown, because Grealish did some great tracking back to the edge of his own box & because there were less individual errors. We still had our moments but had we carried a more potent goal threat I'm convinced we would have beaten Sheff Utd, West Ham, Everton and perhaps nabbed a point from Liverpool & Wolves.

If Heaton isn't going to be fit then we definitely need Reina back, he's a better option than Nyland and Steer needs more experience in a team where he's first choice between the sticks.

Of all the striker names mentioned it has to be Tammy for me and a great crosser to feed him.
    I agree. Konza and Luiz are better than 2 new signings. Basically both showed at the end of the season they will be top quality and exactly what we need. Heaton/Pepe Mings Konza Luiz Grealish Mginn is a really good spine to the team. Add to that with quality we will be top half next season.
    Regarding strikers we're being linked with Watkins Tammy Wilson and the celtic bloke. Either way were going to get someone very good but who? Maybe 2 of the 4 named but that would mean Wez would leave. I think he needs another season in the premier.
    The problem with having so many players on offer is not being able to sign them all so they dont go to our rivals.

Sorry Bongo, was responding to your suggestion of Stones being a possibility! Asking, would he?
    I see Crystal palace are after Sarr who, has had a 40 mill price tag placed on his head 👀
    They want to offload Benteke for 8 mill, would we have him back?
    Everything else has gone quiet..

I wouldn't moan to much if Benteke came back but my consern would be Konza having him in is back pocket all game.

I think Stones would come. Westham are no more attractive than us. I guess it depends if an Arsenal or spurs come in for him. I like the Mings Konza partnership though.

It’s all very quiet on the transfer front, good or bad thing? Ok, it seems that most players are in sunnier climes atm. But still no real hints, or even waffle.

This year the club has been very secretive around it’s dealings. Lange and Shakespeare, for instance, came out of nowhere. I think that this trend will continue, then bang, bang, bang, we’ll be snowed under with new players. None of whom would have been on our lists. Unless of course, we just name every player out there.

Just sit back and wait for the explosion of talent (or bag of sh1te), folks.

Good point EV, its already been rumoured we have 100 million to spend but where did that figure come from? No, I think your right, Villa will sign players and announce when ready. It would be good if we còan get a comitment in regards of Jack because, Utd like to do Business late, tap players up, they won't mind if Jack doesn't make his debut till late winter but if we lise him late it will leave a massive hole in our team, too late to replace! it has to be sorted now, I read som9ewhere we was going to offer him an improved 5 year package, I presume with a new buy out clause??
    Players should be returning from a brief holiday now. Pre season training starts next week. I'm hoping we hear some news this week but think it will be next week before anything firm comes about. Stay patient folks, it will soon be upon us!

According to Sky we have now officially placed A 24 million bid in for Ollie Watkins 🙄 his release clause was 18 million, if he is worth that, we had better up Jacks release clause to 100 million!

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)