+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Transfer window now open

Pleased so far.

Sell, not loan out- Nyland, Kalinic, Lansbury, AEG, Jota, Samatta asap.

Bringing in another CF/wide paceman, would be perfect. If not, just sell the players above and integrate Ramsey, Carney et al, and when fit, Barry.

Yes, get in. Things taking shape quite nicely. He is pictured with Lange, i'm wondering whether coming from France or he has to self Isolate or has he been hiding elsewhere?
    Anyway, welcome Bertrand ✌
    17m, 28m, 18m, 14m = 77m not much left, maybe enough for a decent defender or Rachica?
    All really good additions and of course we kept Jack, I see a much better season ahead, now for that 1st league win to get us off on the right footing!

Work permit issues mate. Had his medical in Copenhagen (??) on Wednesday. Alls the fun of the fair.

He's an interesting signing. Feed back from fans is mixed. Brilliant on his day and tends to make positive starts at new clubs but can go missing and lacks consistency. Still, new club new beginnings and all that. He's bloody quick. Jeez we're starting to look tasty up front.

Samatta has left for Fenebache I beleive. And Davis has a new 3 year deal. We definitely still need another attacker. I say attacker because Traore can play as a striker. So, if we can get Rachica or Benrahma then we are pretty sorted. There were some stupid rumours of us signing Milner yesterday

Sammatta left , Loan Sam? Its getting tight now as the window closes, the fact that fans will be not let in for the entire season will have some clubs worried and may encourage teams to sell rather than buy!

Yes Dave, it's a 12 month loan with option to buy. John Percy (telegraph and BEST journalist) says we are in for loaning Ross Barkley and DS sees the no. 8 role as the next most important signing. Maybe we won't get another forward.

Certainly be very happy getting Barkley in the team. Would like us to go for Loftus Cheek to add height into the squad. It's all very quiet regarding Rachica now.

I really don’t want ‘Billy big bollox’ Barkley at our club. I often scratch my head on how the hell he’s got an England cap? He shoots from anywhere and gives the ball away for fun. They’d better put some kind of ball retrieving device in the Upper Holte, maybe a huge net.

Loftus-Cheek, now there’s a player made for us. I’d say there is more interest around for L-C than Barkley. Which unfortunately means L-C will be heading elsewhere.

Interesting that DS wants a marquee No8, when Jack insists that No8 is his preferred position.

Not impressed with either to be honest, I would much rather James Milner came in and bossed the mudfield freeing up Jack and SJM?

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    Not impressed with either to be honest, I would much rather James Milner came in and bossed the mudfield freeing up Jack and SJM?
    Oh, without doubt, Dave. Different proposition altogether. Trouble is, JM, keeps making noises about ending his career with leeds. Can't see him doing a year with us, then popping up to 'the cesspit' to finish off.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)