+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Our Squad

Just glad to be at the poker table competing against the pools and citeh's of the world.

until anything is confirmed on a clubs website, white is still available, end of regarding ben! PS FREE BEN WHITE AND LET HIM JOIN LEEDS WHERE HE BELONGS!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    But we still lost out (if indeed he has gone to Liverpool), and we have no suitable replacement lined up, as far as anyone knows of course!)
    If they want him they will get him we cant match them. What he has to weigh in is does he want to play or sit on a bench.
    The question says he wants to play with us but Liverpool offers 2 mils more how does it work?
    We should be looking at a ready-made player from somewhere as we cant experiment in the premier league.
    So far we have signed an 18 and 16-year-old bar the 3 that were already here. That goes the way we went about business in the championship last 2 season. We desperately need a CB a Mid and Striker if we are to survive comfortably Not saying we won't survive with the current squad.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Just glad to be at the poker table competing against the pools and citeh's of the world.
    Lol, we cant but it feels good knowing the players we are looking for are on the same page as them though.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    If they want him they will get him we cant match them. What he has to weigh in is does he want to play or sit on a bench.
    The question says he wants to play with us but Liverpool offers 2 mils more how does it work?
    We should be looking at a ready-made player from somewhere as we cant experiment in the premier league.
    So far we have signed an 18 and 16-year-old bar the 3 that were already here. That goes the way we went about business in the championship last 2 season. We desperately need a CB a Mid and Striker if we are to survive comfortably Not saying we won't survive with the current squad.
    With you on all points Oz, but probably more content with the 18yr old, think he definitely is one for the future, (but preferably the near future!). thing is, how much are we prepared to spend? We can't "do a Ridsdale" (as my good friend Whitestomper so helpfully points out) but neither can we depend on freebies or rejects. we are playing in the big league now and we need to pay what is, for all of us, the going rate for talent that Bielsa thinks is right for the squad. Hopefully some of that PL gravy train is being suitably allocated!

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    wtf, take a look at the sheffield united squad, virtually all championship level players, theyve not just survived theyve challenged the rich bunch, with what i would class as a championship level squad, their squad imo is no better than ours that has just won the championship, i wouldnt want any of the blunts players in our squad, not coz theyre the blunts, but just coz their squad is a championship squad, but its done more than enough this season where other more established "premier league" squads have done worse, panic not WTF, we'll be alright, secure white, get in 1 or 2 others, i'll be happy with that!

You're probably right in your " assessment" of the Blades squad, although personally I think some of them are a little underrated by opposition fans and experts.

It may sound bizarre but I think the absence of crowds for the last 10 games disproportionately affected the Sheffield United Team comparative to other teams as our away support tends to get behind the players and causes them to raise their performance beyond their ability. The away support of more established Premier League outfits tends to be more blasé and spoilt.

Although winning the Championship is no guarantee of succeeding in the Prem, the previous seasons winners were hopelessly inept, neither is being a big club with huge support, Villa really should have gone down.

Paradoxically we are expected to do better next season than last when we were written off before a ball was kicked, but I'm more concerned about next seasons survival chances.

LOL heard it all now ESPN are saying there is a change Messi could be on his way to us and play under MB.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8nm6hsLp9E
    12.40 sec in just a bit of fun to brighten the day
    Last edited by ozleeds; 19-08-2020 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    LOL heard it all now ESPN are saying there is a change Messi could be on his way to us and play under MB.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8nm6hsLp9E
    12.40 sec in just a bit of fun to brighten the day
    I'm not sure he's the best option Oz. Isn't Saiz available to come back?

I’m sure John Sheridan keeps his boots clean and ready too ....

Shezza! sounds good! iŽll bet Ian Baird could still do a better job than Bamford nŽall.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)