+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Squad

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Haven't done this for quite a while. Not since Leeds were in League 1. So here goes.
    Channel Cherry is now ready to predict that Leeds will acquire Juan Foyth (centre back) from Spurs. Channel Cherry also predicts that Leeds will purchase Joe Gelhardt (striker) from Wigan. 3rd prediction is that other than these acquisitions, no more transfer business will occur until the issue with JK Augustin is settled. Personally I hope he comes back to Leeds as he has an abundance of talent and skill. Lets see how wrong I am about everything!
    Bielsa's use of analytics is known - Below try's to explain what was achieved and also shows what kind of players we'll require to now recruit to fit in.
    https://statsbomb.com/2020/08/leeds-...ytical-review/

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Bielsa's use of analytics is known - Below try's to explain what was achieved and also shows what kind of players we'll require to now recruit to fit in.
    https://statsbomb.com/2020/08/leeds-...ytical-review/
    Wow Thanks! I should have been working but devoured these statistics instead. Explains why Bielsa wants this Gelhadt kid even though so young. Explains why Bielsa was willing to part with Roofe. The one metric that I absolutely did not expect was that of Bailey Peacock-Farrell who appears to have been (in varying degrees) at fault for many of the opponents goals during his time as 1st team goalie. I have commented here that I thought his positioning for various set pieces was not great but that he did have genuine shotblocking skills. From these metrics it appears that he wasn't great from any sort of shots outside the box. I simply don't remember that.

thanks MrsO very interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    all i would say is we look better with bamford in the team than without, he must have been doing something right
    Mainly because there is no other option in the position he plays which is why we need to sign someone who can play the position and way he plays so we aren't going with just one option.

With better players MB can do more - simples!

Think that White is the key to ev rything. One player does not make a team but he is the cornerstone

Looks like we have harrison for another season

If anyone wants an interesting read - inverting the pyramid is very good and it deals with tactical evolution over the years!

A Life of Marcelo Bielsa is out around £20 for an insight of the man.
    Last edited by MrsORichSenior; 07-08-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Might have to get that!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)