+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Our Squad

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Think Bielsa will be loyal to him but think if he is to play he could play the 10 role - he has a good touch and can pass and has bought into the run your socks off mentality
    I think Bamford has improved significantly since he first got here. I am beginning to think that Rodrigo and Bamford may be in the same starting 11. That means Pablo will have limited playing time. Truly intrigued by what Bielsa comes up with. Just dont know.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    I think Bamford has improved significantly since he first got here. I am beginning to think that Rodrigo and Bamford may be in the same starting 11. That means Pablo will have limited playing time. Truly intrigued by what Bielsa comes up with. Just dont know.

Bamford & Rodrigo in same eleven ?
    Pace/acceleration are key Bielsa attributes so Bamford & Rodrigo as players could,IMO,interchange within the same team eleven as both can play deep and have decent forward momentum pace.

Both can handle themselves if the game becomes physical which it will in PL.

Both work their socks off and understand the required 'team' mentality aspect in that they have team mates and should work with them as much as they can.

But composure is a part of Bamfords game that of course is vulnerable as he can get flustered when on the ball and rush his decision making in the box.With Rodrigo alongside it could create that extra space for Bamford as PL defenders will hold off more and will need eyes as our players break fast in numbers throughout 90 mins.

Composure & vision is the main reason,IMO,that MB wanted Rodrigo who consistently is able to see all available options currently on for him over the 90 mins and that ability may see him playing alongside Bamford with Pablo held on the bench,IMO.

But it's good to have creative choices at last.Exciting times ahead !

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Attacking-wise he definitely has that ability, but i can't see him doing the required chasing back and covering from that role - whenever he defends he either gives away a free-kick with a desperate lunge, or a pull back on the defender/midfielder - would be a liability in that sense i think.
    He is quite useful at corners for the opposition though, cleared quite a few last season.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Bamford & Rodrigo in same eleven ?
    Pace/acceleration are key Bielsa attributes so Bamford & Rodrigo as players could,IMO,interchange within the same team eleven as both can play deep and have decent forward momentum pace.

Both can handle themselves if the game becomes physical which it will in PL.

Both work their socks off and understand the required 'team' mentality aspect in that they have team mates and should work with them as much as they can.

But composure is a part of Bamfords game that of course is vulnerable as he can get flustered when on the ball and rush his decision making in the box.With Rodrigo alongside it could create that extra space for Bamford as PL defenders will hold off more and will need eyes as our players break fast in numbers throughout 90 mins.

Composure & vision is the main reason,IMO,that MB wanted Rodrigo who consistently is able to see all available options currently on for him over the 90 mins and that ability may see him playing alongside Bamford with Pablo held on the bench,IMO.

But it's good to have creative choices at last.Exciting times ahead !

MOT
    You said it Mrs O! Exciting times! Can't remember another newly promoted club with the possible exception of Wolves who have added such significant quality to the team. Villa spent a lot last sesson, but I am not sure about the quality of additions.

Bamford needs to learn how to play as a 10 to progress, he is not a 9,he has the ability, Bielsa needs to coach him into that role
    MOT

Quote Originally Posted by ColombianWhite View Post
    Bamford needs to learn how to play as a 10 to progress, he is not a 9,he has the ability, Bielsa needs to coach him into that role
    MOT
    I think one of the challenges that Banford previously had was that he never had another Striker of greater or equal standing to learn from or push him on. Hopefully that has now changed and we will see even more ability from Bamford this season.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)