+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Care worker, moaning about losing money on return from Spain.

Care worker, moaning about losing money on return from Spain.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...overnight.html
    Sums up a lot selfish people in our country, no thought to the people in her care, too many have this attitude me me.
    Another moaning he's on furlough, what happens if i get recalled to work, he's just had 2 weeks in Spain.

We have turned into a nation of whingeing snowflakes,hadn't you noticed

Don’t people realise we have a global pandemic on and all travel overseas has risk.....no sympathy whatsoever....

I’ve had friends saying they “deserve a holiday” after lockdown.

F hook me.......5 months of being sat on their a r s e s and they “deserve” a holiday!

A mate ( Forest fan 😆😆🤡 ) went to Fuerteventura the day before the quarantine was announced.

He got very uppity when I took the p I s s on his FB page.

There’s a reason I cancelled my much looked forward to tour of New England and weeks holiday in Martha’s Vinyard......it’s because of what MIGHT happen.

I don’t want to be trapped in the USA or face quarantine here upon my return,it’s called having responsibility for your own life.

I’m desperate to go back to Aussie for a month but I won’t do it until there’s a vaccine or being stuck there is not an inconvenience to me and the wife or to my kids and my business.

Anybody whinging can just f u c k right off.

Idiots.

We are living in difficult times and as far as I am concerned missing a holiday is a small price to pay if it lessens the possibility of the virus spreading. Yes, I have sympathy for those who have been planning a specific holiday for a long time and now are unable to go through with it. However, I don't for those who as soon as restrictions were eased were booking to go to Spain or wherever. They were warned that the situation could change and restrictions could be made at the last minute. Keeping this virus at bay is imperative and if restrictions have to be implemented, so be it.

That woman in the picture who looks like Robbie Savage say's she's lost £2K in wages. She asks What am I going to do for money? She then says it won't stop me flying and I'll be off soon.

Why would you be going on holiday in the first place if you've not got contingency to cover 2 weeks and why repeat the risk of it happening again? Surely if you're that close to the financial bone you'd not be going to Spain for 2 weeks or is it the instant gratification society we live in?

Agree with earlier comments as I won't be going anywhere abroad this year as I think you have to balance the risks and what you're getting in return. Spikes will happen in Italy and France etc so it's just a matter of time in my mind not if it happens. I also think we've the worst to come at home later in the year.

I get the argument about only certain areas being closed and places like Tenerife should be exempt as they have virtually zero infection but what about us taking it to them? I don't know why people want to put themselves through the aggravation of cancellation etc to be honest. It took me 2 months to get money back from Ryan Air for a flight that was booked pre-Covid. I only got it as I instigated a chargeback by Visa otherwise I'd still be getting di*ked around by these lowlifes. No, it's really not worth it for me. Way too many risks.

As I have mentioned before I have lost £2500 on flights because we (12 of us) didn’t want to go on the flight Saturday 18th July. Ryanair ran the flights so as our choice not to travel money lost.
    Far too early and far too risky. The holiday was booked over 12 months ago for my wife’s 70th birthday. Wish we were travelling this weekend though because as things stand NOW we would have got our money back due to the change in Govt stance.
    Who is surprised there has been an increase in the infection rate as people go on holiday? Really could have told you it would have happened as soon as they announced air bridges. People on holiday social distancing you are having a laugh.
    I have no sympathy with anyone who booked a cheap holiday over the last few weeks. If you were happy with the risk then it is now time to take the consequences.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)