+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 10 days, 14 days and obesity.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can tell you a story from my Nelson days about Mosques and the police BT, when I get the chance I will.
    Looking forward to it sinkov.

Nobody does cronyism quite like old Blow Job...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgntp

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Looking forward to it sinkov.
    Back in the 90s BT they built a brand new mosque on Clayton St in Nelson. Clayton St was quite busy but a bit on the narrow side, so they had double yellows on both sides of the road, and woe betide you if you parked on them, the traffic wardens seemed to be on permanent patrol, so no one risked it. When the mosque opened they found the car park was inadequate, so they parked on Clayton St, and it was soon noticeable that the police and traffic warden's tea breaks seemed to coincide with the times of the services at the mosque. A mate of mine, who had been fined for parking on Clayton St, got a bit fed up with this apparent immunity for the Muslim population and rang the police about it. The girl told him his complaint had been logged, took his name, address, phone number and told him they'd get back to him. He did get a call back a couple of days later and was impressed, at first, that it was a very senior police officer who had rung him back. He was asked for all his personal details, including where he worked and then whether he had any political affiliations. He began to realise that this police officer had no interest in the parking situation on Clayton St or doing anything about it, but he did have a great deal of interest in him. He was then grilled about just why he had such an interest in this matter, and although I can't remember now the exact words he said were used, he was strongly advised to let the matter drop and keep his nose out of things that didn't concern him. The parking violations continued and my mate, probably wisely, decided to keep his head down and live with it.

sinkov ----why am I not surprised at any of that? Perhaps because, in the late 1980s, I lived just down the road from Southall and very similar things happened and woe betide anyone who asked questions!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)