+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New Keeper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Keeper

Maybe I've rattled on about this before, but why do we need to sign someone when we have an option on the books?

My memory or insight may be failing me, but what were the circumstances of Scott Carson's on-loan departure? Too expensive? Lost it? Fell out with the then administration? I genuinely don't know.

I've just been looking down the free agent list and only Jo Hart at his best is (arguably) is in the same league as SC at HIS best, and he'd no doubt cost more.

Anyone?

Good question...I suppose because there’s a reason why Roos took his place for the second half of the 2018/19 season and because he’s played virtually no competitive football since...but he’d still be a better option than some.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Good question...I suppose because there’s a reason why Roos took his place for the second half of the 2018/19 season and because he’s played virtually no competitive football since...but he’d still be a better option than some.
    IMO if Carson had played that half a season, or even just the final, we'd have been a prem club last season

Phillips of Charlton allegedly at Moorfarm yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Phillips of Charlton allegedly at Moorfarm yesterday
    Player of the year at Charlton, I believe. Good sign in a struggling side. Also wanted by Boro’ and Cardiff.

Roos took over because Carson lost form and isn't a "play out from the back" extra sweeper kind of keeper. Apart from the final Roos played well. Had the croed on his back at the start of this season and struggled. Hamer, rightly, took over. Then he had a dip in form and Roos got another chance for the final 3 games. First 2 I had him down as MOTM. 3rd he lasted just 12 minutes before being taken out of the game by Jutkiewicz.

The Roos that ousted Carson is good enough. Keep the crowd off his back and he will give MOTM performances like he did against Cardiff and the DYS. Carson is out of contract and we have seen the last of him. Mitchell has one more year on his and I expect him to either be let go/sold or to go out on loan. Ravas to stay as 3rd keeper and a new one to come in to fight Roos for the #1 spot.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)