+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OT - Is it only me.......

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Try Johnny Rebel - definitely not whiny! Sounds rather like he would appeal to Gunteryy
    That's a wicked thing to imply. I can give or take whiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    It was a 1985 version by French acoustic singer Voltaire's Flame

Possibly the one by Jenna Mammina & Andre Bush but haven't heard it so couldn't be sure. There are literally hundreds of cover versions of this song, though I strongly suspect GP is joshing you with his suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Possibly the one by Jenna Mammina & Andre Bush but haven't heard it so couldn't be sure. There are literally hundreds of cover versions of this song, though I strongly suspect GP is joshing you with his suggestion!
    ‘Joshing’...GP? Surely not.
    Thanks anyway...as you say...so many covers. Can’t find a link to the one you mentioned though.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Thanks anyway...as you say...so many covers. Can’t find a link to the one you mentioned though.
    Back to the OP, THIS is country not the twanged up Southern Rock pedalled by most these days. Very talented bloke who also front a neo-rockabilly band and who I feature a lot in my magazine https://youtu.be/M9rxd9TSbLA

Dunno about that, he's got too many teeth!

Some of the American country session musicians are incredibly skilled, on another planet really. I don't mind it, but other than flirting with bluegrass, never really got bitten by it.

Some musicians are weary of calling their music country, the c word, and instead call it Americana, which tends to get better representation

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Back to the OP, THIS is country not the twanged up Southern Rock pedalled by most these days. Very talented bloke who also front a neo-rockabilly band and who I feature a lot in my magazine https://youtu.be/M9rxd9TSbLA
    Whiny.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    They are a duo that does a stripped down version. Google covers of Here Comes The Sun, should only take you a day to work through and find the one your looking for, unless you get lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    They are a duo that does a stripped down version. Google covers of Here Comes The Sun, should only take you a day to work through and find the one your looking for, unless you get lucky.
    I found them easily enough, but not their cover. Life’s too short, it must be one of the most covered songs in history.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)