+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben White

Ben White

Instagram message from Ben White:

" Having had some time to reflect on what has been the most incredible season i wanted to take the time to thank everyone associated with Leeds United Football Club, including the incredible supporters. No matter what happens from here I will never forget the way you took me in and treated me as one of your own from day one. These memories and experiences will be with me forever".

Reading between the lines, I think it's fair to say that Ben will not be at Elland Road next season.

Unfortunately not

I read it that he's just thanking fans for last season... "no matter what happens"

Thanks for everything Ben your efforts this season will never be forgotten.

MOT

Sadly i think that's that. Hmm.

All will have differing opinions, but he is actually my Player of The Year. Followed by Pablo of course...and then perhaps Dallas who contributed significantly all season. Trifecta!....

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    I read it that he's just thanking fans for last season... "no matter what happens"
    Yep me too, In this day and age if a player wants a move he usually gets it, we will see,

Worst case scenario is that MB or someone found the Gem in White, they will do it again if needs be, Even if we do sign White we still need cover in central defence..

Very sad to see that but.....

what a year he gave us.

In business I've lost some really fine employees over the years. Many went on to great things and I've always tried to remember the good and hope the best for them while appreciating the great work they did while with us.

with that being said sometimes the change did not work out like the person thought. Hope the best for him but think he could have been an all time great at the mighty whites. Oftentimes building something is better than going somewhere where it's already built. Don't think that money will ever be an issue for him!

I think Ben will have the choice of a great wage and possibly playing against the worlds elite in the champions league or playing for us and as some would have it, fighting in the bottom 1/2 for season. He has to go for the champions league imo, he may never get that opportunity again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I think Ben will have the choice of a great wage and possibly playing against the worlds elite in the champions league or playing for us and as some would have it, fighting in the bottom 1/2 for season. He has to go for the champions league imo, he may never get that opportunity again.
    He's 22 not 32 and still to reach his full potential, plenty of time to play for a top European team, if it's not us. He might not get another chance to play for someone comparable to Marcelo tho in these formative years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)