+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben White

Quote Originally Posted by LeedsFTW View Post
    I think Ben will have the choice of a great wage and possibly playing against the worlds elite in the champions league or playing for us and as some would have it, fighting in the bottom 1/2 for season. He has to go for the champions league imo, he may never get that opportunity again.
    I agree. If any club who wants White is playing in Europe or has a history of finishing in the top 4, he should go. But if its between Seagulls and Leeds, he should come to Leeds. He knows the Leeds team and the potential, he knows the system, and he knows Leeds are ambitious. What do Brighton have to offer that's better?

If he goes to a champions league team, he will be starting from bench, 1 great season in the Championship wont mean he starts. Plenty of young potential have made the big move too early and watched their career nosedive.

Two retired pro's,a goalkeeper & striker suggested that at 6'1" and just over 12 stone Ben White reads the game well but still has a lot to learn with his arial ability and his stature (presence) needs a lot more work on too.

White has completed more ground interceptions this season than any other player in the Championship and he has also completed more interceptions than any player in the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga or Ligue 1,the stats state.

The fact he leads Europe's top five leagues in this area shows his nimble ability to read the game in which within a Bielsa set up team he's excelled in.

Whether another side could also accommodate him weekly within differing tactical set ups is debatable,IMO, but Brighton will know his current worth and their coach Harry Potter will know his current capabilities too but the PL is unforgiving for a youngster regardless of potential/promise and more so physically and mentally as Bielsa will know.

Personally it's been a pleasure watching him develop during our successful campaign in our 3-3-1-3 formation or our tweaked 4-2-3-1 which demands demanding pressing, elaborate attacking and fluid transitions that worked so well for him.
    I wish him well.

MOT

Also .... Brighton have SIX CB's in the first team squad, 4 of those were amongst the best performers. There also looking at a young German CB and have at least 2 highly rated young CB (O'Hara and Roberts) in U23's....

Also.... Brighton have just signed tonight Ajax playmaking CB Joel Veltmann (a bit of a coup)

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Also .... Brighton have SIX CB's in the first team squad, 4 of those were amongst the best performers. There also looking at a young German CB and have at least 2 highly rated young CB (O'Hara and Roberts) in U23's....
    Yep. They could have 20 CBs and still state they want White for next season. Only way to keep bucking up the asking price!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Two retired pro's,a goalkeeper & striker suggested that at 6'1" and just over 12 stone Ben White reads the game well but still has a lot to learn with his arial ability and his stature (presence) needs a lot more work on too.

White has completed more ground interceptions this season than any other player in the Championship and he has also completed more interceptions than any player in the Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga or Ligue 1,the stats state.

The fact he leads Europe's top five leagues in this area shows his nimble ability to read the game in which within a Bielsa set up team he's excelled in.

Whether another side could also accommodate him weekly within differing tactical set ups is debatable,IMO, but Brighton will know his current worth and their coach Harry Potter will know his current capabilities too but the PL is unforgiving for a youngster regardless of potential/promise and more so physically and mentally as Bielsa will know.

Personally it's been a pleasure watching him develop during our successful campaign in our 3-3-1-3 formation or our tweaked 4-2-3-1 which demands demanding pressing, elaborate attacking and fluid transitions that worked so well for him.
    I wish him well.

MOT
    Yes I would agree he still needs to fully develop in stature for PL he will be up against stronger and faster players, it's been a great partnership with Cooper, which at the start of season (post Pontus) had many saying we would be found out... If I was advising him you'd have to tell him Leeds is his best option. The best tutelage, game time in PL, the world could be his lobster atthe end of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

I wish him well.

MOT
    Funnily enough i thought the same. Just in a lot less words.

even if we were to sign him, we need another CB, would prefere a quality experienced older head along side White and Cooper as cover.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    even if we were to sign him, we need another CB, would prefere a quality experienced older head along side White and Cooper as cover.
    Me too. I understand the thinking of younger talent for the future, but we need to consolidate our position in this league first and foremost. And that means holding tight at the back and not leaking goals. Need experience from the get go to achieve this I reckon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)