+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ot good app if you haven't got it

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ot good app if you haven't got it

Lets emergency services know where you are to within 3 meters.
    Find your mates etc if you get seperated.
    Find your car etc.
    Numerous other uses.
    Just tried it out , and told daughter what pub she is in.
    What3words

I think if you call 112 instead of 999 on your mobile phone then the police can trace your location.

Maybe it actually works with 999 on mobiles as well I don't know.

EDIT: Apparently 112 just forwards to 999 in the UK so it should work with 999.

The emergency services are using it.

I assume 999 is the same there as here in the US with 911. Dispatcher gets an immediate rough location based upon cell tower serving the call and within the first 15 seconds of the call other factors are used (GPS/cell tower triangulation) to pinpoint location as Crash says to +-3m.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I assume 999 is the same there as here in the US with 911. Dispatcher gets an immediate rough location based upon cell tower serving the call and within the first 15 seconds of the call other factors are used (GPS/cell tower triangulation) to pinpoint location as Crash says to +-3m.
    Having looked at it it seems this may be even more accurate, I don't know if phone towers can locate you to within 3 metres.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Having looked at it it seems this may be even more accurate, I don't know if phone towers can locate you to within 3 metres.
    They can if you have 3 for triangulation. Most/all phones have GPS enabled these days which make it much easier. I worked for 4 years for the company that have patented a good percentage of cellular location technology http://www.comtechtel.com/public-saf...n-technologies

I have cctv camera's at our home, I was in Rotherham today in the pub, watching the wife at home putting the washing on the line,on my phone, youngest son with me telephoned her, told her we were watching her, & she was not hanging the washing out correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I have cctv camera's at our home, I was in Rotherham today in the pub, watching the wife at home putting the washing on the line,on my phone, youngest son with me telephoned her, told her we were watching her, & she was not hanging the washing out correct.
    I haven't watched all this video but it might help your other half.

It seems no men are in this video, so that's a good start.

Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WThSXZhH1h0

PS. I hope you've told her about the camera. The joke could be on you next time

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    I haven't watched all this video but it might help your other half.

It seems no men are in this video, so that's a good start.

Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WThSXZhH1h0

PS. I hope you've told her about the camera. The joke could be on you next time
    I'm confused! I thought you hung clothes out to dry but she's taking them out of the dryer and hanging them out. Not very environmentally friendly.

I have it, it's a great idea and possibly life saving for people, just down load it.....and it's free.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast