+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match Previews

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Where did I say that I would allow anything, I was merely pointing out to BT that there must be lots of clueless governments throughout the world because they will not allow fans to attend. Hence, from his reasoning, it is a shame that all these people running the sports have not ignored their clueless governments. Nowhere did I say that they should or even MUST do that.
    Irrelevant anyway, because they won't consult me plus the fact that it will be a political decision so I am not interested anyway.
    A real politicians answer there Super!

From what you are saying it is clear that, if you were in charge, you would ALLOW footy clubs to let the supporters back in. The word MUST is yours, not mine.
    And, I assume that you would also ALLOW people back in theatres, nightclubs , cinemas etc?

And I pointed out that it would be a brave decision.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    A real politicians answer there Super!

From what you are saying it is clear that, if you were in charge, you would ALLOW footy clubs to let the supporters back in. The word MUST is yours, not mine.
    And, I assume that you would also ALLOW people back in theatres, nightclubs , cinemas etc?

And I pointed out that it would be a brave decision.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    59_60 ---you Lib Dems certainly have a way of twisting things around to meet your own agenda, no wonder that you could not accept the vote of the British people who wanted Brexit.
    I have never said that I would allow anything whether it is in connection with football, theatres, nightclubs etc., however, you are telling me what I think.
    I was a musician for over 60 years and I have many friends in the industry who are unable to earn a crust at the moment and I sympathise with them, however, I do not advocate that they should go out and ignore the advice that they have been given, however, I do support them in other ways and all within the guidelines that we have been given.

In the charity work that I do I am not allowed to go and visit the clients I am trying to help, I have to do what I can on the telephone and the internet which is difficult beyond belief because I am dealing with several people who donot have access to the internet. Have you tried filling in a 7 page form over the phone with lots of personal questions? It is not easy to say the least. It would be really easy to go and see them and go against the charity rules, however, I don't do that and yet you are telling me that I would ALLOW footy clubs to let the supporters back in.

Perhaps you could tell me what I am thinking of doing tomorrow because you seem to know more about my mindset than I do. Look at what I said again and then try to understand what I have said without putting Lib Dem spin on it ---you are the liberal thinkers ----I definitely am not, I learnt how to obey orders but now I am allowed to think for myself and I do!

59_60 ---you Lib Dems certainly have a way of twisting things around to meet your own agenda, no wonder that you could not accept the vote of the British people who wanted Brexit.
    I have never said that I would allow anything whether it is in connection with football, theatres, nightclubs etc., however, you are telling me what I think.
    I was a musician for over 60 years and I have many friends in the industry who are unable to earn a crust at the moment and I sympathise with them, however, I do not advocate that they should go out and ignore the advice that they have been given, however, I do support them in other ways and all within the guidelines that we have been given.

In the charity work that I do I am not allowed to go and visit the clients I am trying to help, I have to do what I can on the telephone and the internet which is difficult beyond belief because I am dealing with several people who donot have access to the internet. Have you tried filling in a 7 page form over the phone with lots of personal questions? It is not easy to say the least. It would be really easy to go and see them and go against the charity rules, however, I don't do that and yet you are telling me that I would ALLOW footy clubs to let the supporters back in.

Perhaps you could tell me what I am thinking of doing tomorrow because you seem to know more about my mindset than I do. Look at what I said again and then try to understand what I have said without putting Lib Dem spin on it ---you are the liberal thinkers ----I definitely am not, I learnt how to obey orders but now I am allowed to think for myself and I do!
    I can tell you Ashy,you will be watching the Aussie rugby league .lol

I enjoy the whole match day experience. The preview with Norder’s previous meetings table and then the highlights to follow. That’s a winning package. I am missing meeting up at a match whether this is Turf Moor or at a non-league game. That would really top things off nicely. The latest lockdown guidance for Greater Manchester means I am effectively confined to barracks again for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    I can tell you Ashy,you will be watching the Aussie rugby league .lol
    How right you are, hence the reason that I have only just seen this!

Welcome to the club Sub, you have to understand that 59 thinks he's clairvoyant and knows what you're thinking better than you do yourself. Of course he isn't, and he doesn't, he's just using one of the oldest tricks in the book, the straw man fallacy. It's his favourite trick, he uses it a lot, but it is tiresome trying to discuss politics with him, like trying to swim through a barrel of treacle with clogs on.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Welcome to the club Sub, you have to understand that 59 thinks he's clairvoyant and knows what you're thinking better than you do yourself. Of course he isn't, and he doesn't, he's just using one of the oldest tricks in the book, the straw man fallacy. It's his favourite trick, he uses it a lot, but it is tiresome trying to discuss politics with him, like trying to swim through a barrel of treacle with clogs on.
    sinkov ----it is just that people don't seem to understand how you can be very happy, no matter what life throws at you and I just get on with things without a worry in the world. Stuff happens, you deal with it --sometimes easy, sometimes takes time but you get over it. My charity work reminds me every day how lucky I am to be able to keep a positive mindset and it is what is needed because when I go to try and help someone they don't want a negative old geyser walking through the door ---that was when we were allowed to walk through the door!
    I just failed to see where or how I had advocated letting people attend games.
    I seem to be in the mood for upsetting people though this week because someone on the referees site was complaining:-

I posted "Come on guys, it is the new Laws according to VAR. You ignore everything that has happened as long as you go along with the VAR decision. IFAB will probably write it into the directive for next season, although, with only six weeks to go, they had better get on with it otherwise nobody will know what is happening!

His response ---"Any chance we can dial down the sarky comments every time VAR is mentioned? We get you are not a fan (neither am I) but it does get tiresome after a while."

I had to respond so I said "Leggy --I have to totally agree with you ---VAR does get very tiresome!"

It seems that humour is going the same way as common sense these days. Life is only a game ---enjoy it!

Super, you did say,

"It would appear that lots of governments throughout the world must also not have a clue because there are not many places where fans have been allowed back in. It's a shame that those running the various sports don't just ignore the directives of governments who haven't a clue."

Now, I have an "O" level in English Language, so I know what I am talking about here. And I am struggling to see what I have failed to understand.

Agree totally with VAR - bin it, along with all technology except a watch and floodlights (oh, and an oven to warm the pies up).
    Are there any plans to roll VAR out in the lower leagues yet? Why should clubs like Burnley be the only ones to have to put up with it?

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Super, you did say,

"It would appear that lots of governments throughout the world must also not have a clue because there are not many places where fans have been allowed back in. It's a shame that those running the various sports don't just ignore the directives of governments who haven't a clue."

Now, I have an "O" level in English Language, so I know what I am talking about here. And I am struggling to see what I have failed to understand.

Agree totally with VAR - bin it, along with all technology except a watch and floodlights (oh, and an oven to warm the pies up).
    Are there any plans to roll VAR out in the lower leagues yet? Why should clubs like Burnley be the only ones to have to put up with it?
    I also have an 'O' level in English Language, however, you have taken that statement out of context because it was BT who said that out government was clueless for not allowing millions of fans to attend games and I was pointing out that it was worldwide and that all those governments did not have a clue so, in BT's reasoning, it is a shame that etc. Okay you read it that I am sayng that people should ignore directives and I should have made it clear that this was not my thought, however, in the context and knowing that BT thinks it is all a con job this is possibly what should happen was my meaning.
    I use common sense and I retain a sense of humour, unfortunately, so many take life so serious these days but they won't wear me down.

VAR and technology is here to stay but still remains in the realms of the haves for the moment. It will only be a matter of time before it filters down to the wannabees but I doubt that it will ever reach the realms of the no-hopers who will be really affected by this virus episode.
    I see that Sheffield Wednesday will start next season with a 12 point deduction for financial irregularities and yet Wigan have been already deducted ---all very strange because Wednesday would have finished rock bottom on 44 points which would have meant that Charlton would stay up ---I think!

It seems from the above posts, if in doubt, blame BT!

The EFL/FA alliance is a joke, Wednesday should already be gone, but the Addicks are in even deeper do-do!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)