+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Rhino's Pub in Rotherham

O/T Rhino's Pub in Rotherham

Called in the Rhino's pub today, with my son, he took in what a big change as taken place, since Wetherspoons had it.

Better lighting, new carpet, & a lot cleaner, better wifi also, beer garden at the rear of the pub, with 8 big tables in the yard.
    They had real ale on today, from Little Critters brewery, which was 6.5% at £2.30 a pint, Fosters was £2.20, I ended up on Guinness at £2.45 a pint, the real ale & Guinness were very good.

They have food on now, what took my eye, was a strange breakfast -
    Giant Yorkshire pudding with bacon, sausage and tomato gravy for £3.40 ( What a mix )
    You can add - egg, beans, tomato, hash brown, mushrooms, black pudding all at 50p per item

Breakfast served everyday from 9am to midday
    They do small breakfast £3.40 Large £5.35 xxlarge £6.99

Breakfast baps range from £2.50 to £3.50 All hot drinks £2.00 With free refills

Also doing Sunday dinners

Good to know there’s is life after spoons left!
    Speaking of which does anyone know when bluecoats renovation is starting?

....after a mysterious fire????

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Called in the Rhino's pub today, with my son, he took in what a big change as taken place, since Wetherspoons had it.

Better lighting, new carpet, & a lot cleaner, better wifi also, beer garden at the rear of the pub, with 8 big tables in the yard.
    They had real ale on today, from Little Critters brewery, which was 6.5% at £2.30 a pint, Fosters was £2.20, I ended up on Guinness at £2.45 a pint, the real ale & Guinness were very good.

They have food on now, what took my eye, was a strange breakfast -
    Giant Yorkshire pudding with bacon, sausage and tomato gravy for £3.40 ( What a mix )
    You can add - egg, beans, tomato, hash brown, mushrooms, black pudding all at 50p per item

Breakfast served everyday from 9am to midday
    They do small breakfast £3.40 Large £5.35 xxlarge £6.99

Breakfast baps range from £2.50 to £3.50 All hot drinks £2.00 With free refills

Also doing Sunday dinners
    You can change the pub has much as you like it still doesn't stop the can't work wouldn't work stood outside at 9am in a morning.County tried it to up market it didn't work,Effingham tried it & that didn't work either.

Not allowed to stand outside now Lol, people are requested to use the beer garden / yard at the back of the pub, which people were doing when we called in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Not allowed to stand outside now Lol, people are requested to use the beer garden / yard at the back of the pub, which people were doing when we called in.
    Good for them Eric I hope it lasts I think Wetherspoons could not care less towards the end.

It was the same in the Wetherspoon's Horseshoe pub in Wombwell, you had to walk through a cloud of smoke to enter the pub, now with the coronavirus, people not allowed to smoke in the door way.

Closed again from today because a customer has had a positive test. It's got to have a deep clean and all the staff have to be tested negative before it can re-open.

Time to close them all.

The person was in yesterday so they are working through the names and numbers of everyone that was in yesterday to tell them they need a test.

If he/she was in yesterday and knows they are positive today then that means they went to the pub while knowing they were waiting for test results.

the selfishness of people will never surprise me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast