+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Max Bird

Max Bird

Voted Young Player of the year by fans although many went online saying it was robbery and Jason Knight should have got it.

Now Max has been voted Players player of the year by the 1st team squad.

In the YPOTY I voted Max.

Max has been consistent so IMO award well deserved!

Two awards MoP. Young player and Players' player

Would I be right in guessing he is also the youngest ever Ram to wear the Skipper's armband?

Knights done well, but only just breaking through. Bird has been a constant and has done well, fully deserved in my opinion.

I voted Matt Clarke for the Sammy Crooks trophy POTY . But Bird certainly deserves his accolade one of the few pluses we had last season Knight did well but he's no Bird

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    I voted Matt Clarke for the Sammy Crooks trophy POTY . But Bird certainly deserves his accolade one of the few pluses we had last season Knight did well but he's no Bird
    As did I and he might get it too when voting ends Friday (?)

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Voted Young Player of the year by fans although many went online saying it was robbery and Jason Knight should have got it.

Now Max has been voted Players player of the year by the 1st team squad.

In the YPOTY I voted Max.
    All about opinions. Can’t understand people moaning about it being ‘robbery’, just turning a geuine positive into a negative. Well done Max Bird.

Having said that...if you were valuing our youngsters - Bogle, Knight, Bird and Sibley - who do you think would fetch the most?

Personally I suspect Sibley probably has the greatest potential...but I hope we don’t need to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post

Personally I suspect Sibley probably has the greatest potential...but I hope we don’t need to find out.
    Sibs has great ptoential. Mista and I have been pushing the lad since 18/19 season, he longer than I.

Bird is the closer to the real thing at the moment. An Alan Durban type who you don't miss until he's not there.

John McGovern Mark 2.....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)