Wes Hoolahan has signed for Cambridge. The website took over 5,000 hits for the news, which is higher than a home gate, much higher.

What a commercial deal for Hoolahan, he will be laughing all the way to the bank.

There is a culture of injury at United, even though there is no physical contact or any real fouling of any sort. I can imagine him waking up on a saturday morning, not fancying Morecambe away, and deciding he has a groin strain.

How many appearances will he make, 10?, 15?. Thats not taking into account he may get properly injured. I played my last game at 36, at 38 its surely impossible, for more than 15 minutes.

Having said that, where are you going to get a player of his standard at div4 level, you are not. And is he going to perform? It wont be a secret if hes not bothered and wont put the effort in, i wont know though, because i wont be there.

Another car crash by the board,? of course, another gem amongst all the others. If Morecambe away is the first game, the opposition will know about Hoolahan, one heavy tackle in the first five minutes, out for the season, a 38 year old body will be like tissue paper.

Way to go Barry.

Jolie of Great Shelford.