+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 48,000 illegal immigrants housed in mainly 4 star UK hotels

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    I think they are. Certainly many getting jobs in developing countries.
    . I'm being polite when I say what a load of rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    What, that Brits dont emigrate for jobs in third world countries? The bulk probably go to places like Aus, Can and USA agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Timbertop's post is essentially correct. There are currently 48,000 asylum seekers housed in hotels in the UK. 80% of those coming in at Dover are young men aged 18-26. The government has given contracts to several large firms to obtain hotel spaces and some, such as The Bromsgrove Hilton are now full (147 illegal immigrants in that case). This morning by 10 o'clock 11 dingies with over 100 young men were brought into Dover. The cost based on the government's own figures to UK taxpayers is estimated at £4 billion over the next decade and includes food, free health and dental care and £40 per week spending money. If the asylum claims fail nothing happens and hardly any are deported. Mainstream media will simply not discuss it for fear of being labelled racist. But it is true and it is getting worse every week.
    Is be interested to see evidence from reliable sources of :

1. 48k asylum seekers living specifically in hotels,which of course has implications of luxury etc. As far as I can find the 48k figure is across all accommodation that can be sourced which will include all kinds of quality as well as hotels that elect to take part in the scheme : https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...771.html%3famp

2. 11 dinghies arriving by 10 o clock this morning carrying 100 men. Where is evidence of this? I can't find it.

3. If asylum claim is rejected "hardly any are supported". Evidence for this? As I understand it, about half of the asylum claims rejected are returned from the UK, and about 19k in 2019 with the other half of returnees staying for appeal. But I will look at your evidence that hardly any are returned.
    https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.u...e-from-the-uk/

"Only six per cent of migrants illegally crossing the Channel have been deported, figures show."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...have-deported/

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "Only six per cent of migrants illegally crossing the Channel have been deported, figures show."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...have-deported/
    Why so few do you think? We've had a hardline anti immigration government for 10 years.

Why so few do you think? We've had a hardline anti immigration government for 10 years.
    No we haven't, they've let in as many people as Blair.

Do you actually live in this country? You don't seem to know much about what's goes on here.

Very hard to deport anyone. It's against their human rights.

I think they are. Certainly many getting jobs in developing countries.
    You really are a prat. To compare a relatively few high skill, high paid professional hawking their talents in the Third World with masses floating in on boats is really pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I suppose I have to ask. Which countries do you think I mean when I say third world.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    You really are a prat. To compare a relatively few high skill, high paid professional hawking their talents in the Third World with masses floating in on boats is really pathetic.
    You said you respected me on another post.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast