+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 48,000 illegal immigrants housed in mainly 4 star UK hotels

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Is be interested to see evidence from reliable sources of :

1. 48k asylum seekers living specifically in hotels,which of course has implications of luxury etc. As far as I can find the 48k figure is across all accommodation that can be sourced which will include all kinds of quality as well as hotels that elect to take part in the scheme : https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...771.html%3famp

2. 11 dinghies arriving by 10 o clock this morning carrying 100 men. Where is evidence of this? I can't find it.

3. If asylum claim is rejected "hardly any are supported". Evidence for this? As I understand it, about half of the asylum claims rejected are returned from the UK, and about 19k in 2019 with the other half of returnees staying for appeal. But I will look at your evidence that hardly any are returned.
    https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.u...e-from-the-uk/
    You are a very dishonest idiot. Go away. The last figures I saw were less than 10% of failed asylum seekers were deported. Sorry that you can't find the dinghies thing. Perhaps because unlike me you don't have old colleagues in the Home Office. Try a FOI request. It is definitely genuine. I don't actually give a sh*t about the quality of accommodation. You accept then that 48k are being housed at a cost of around £400m per year? You are wrong though. The very great majority are being put in hotels and the six or seven hotels on which I have info are all 4 star.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    You said you respected me on another post.
    Respect has to be constantly earned. the last couple of days you have been a complete prat. Sorry, but true.

I think some of our ex-serviemen on the streets would be glad of any quality of accommodation.

Further to ragingpup's predictably dishonest post: "across all types of accommodation"? Sorry, but when companies like Serco get a government contract to house thousands of asylum seekers just what kind of accommodation to they look for, genius? Lots of empty hotels. Lots of four star empty hotels. Serco doesn't want hassle for putting guys in fleapits so it negotiates for quality hotels in a complete buyer's market. You are such a dishonest poster I find it hard to be civil to you. The idea that you can't believe on a day of calm seas 100 plus guys came in to Dover on this morning's tide shows what a complete jerk you are.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Further to ragingpup's predictably dishonest post: "across all types of accommodation"? Sorry, but when companies like Serco get a government contract to house thousands of asylum seekers just what kind of accommodation to they look for, genius? Lots of empty hotels. Lots of four star empty hotels. Serco doesn't want hassle for putting guys in fleapits so it negotiates for quality hotels in a complete buyer's market. You are such a dishonest poster I find it hard to be civil to you. The idea that you can't believe on a day of calm seas 100 plus guys came in to Dover on this morning's tide shows what a complete jerk you are.
    Its a bit strange to call my post dishonest when all I was asking you was evidence for your claim that 48k AS were in hotels. You as a man of so called intellect would know all about backing up your opinions with robust evidence as well as the power of loading your claims and language in an attempt, in your role as a political activist on this theme, attempting to pursuade other readers towards supporting your politics. You know as well as I do, and as evidenced in the report that I linked to that the 48k are not in 4* hotels but spread across all kinds of accommodation. I don't doubt that Serco will find the most cost effective accommodation and if this is hotels then that is the cheapest option for us taxpayers to pay. But to say that 48k are in hotels is deliberately misleading and you can't provide evidence of it. I'm sorry but I'm not buying your fall back on knowing contacts on Government service. I discuss anecdotal stuff when I think its relevant on here, but I don't use it as a basis for backing up political statistics that just so happen to fit my world view.

And then you confidently claimed that this morning, 11 boats brought in 100 young men. I love the specifics, but again when pressed for evidence you have none. I don't doubt that it happens and that the problem is there, but I don't see how lying about things furthers your credibility in trying to pursuade other readers to support your obsessive (judging by your political activism on here). Just a shame that there are readers so ready to swallow it up, but then again, that's why our current polemics in politics are so screwed. People will say anything to back up their own blinkered, bigoted vision and even lie to themselves. And I include leftist extremists in that too.

General advise is not to post specific information with no factual basis to back it up. We can clearly look at the issue of asylum seekers and immigration and improve where we are without the shrill hysterics we see on here. It demeans you and your agit prop cause.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    "Only six per cent of migrants illegally crossing the Channel have been deported, figures show."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...have-deported/
    This may be so but doesn't contradict the overall lie behind Monty's assertion that nobody gets returned. The recent channel crossings are still in progress, most still have their hearings and then have the right to appeal after that. I think it is fair to say that more will follow and this stat will go up.

I understand that there are arguments both for the process to be speeded up, to be harsher/tighter/watertight (depending on your perspective) but again, this statistic doesn't represent the actual reality of the numbers of AS that are successfully deported. I think this is only about half of those which have been ordered to return (again, this is mainly due to the time it takes to process appeals) and there are problems here that we can clear up, but again, I don't think that the wilful distortion of reality helps the debate here (unless of course you're an extremist and not interested in facts, in which case fill yer boots)

For any one intersted in the actual stats, warts and all: https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.u...e-from-the-uk/

It highlights clear problems, but not with the shrill hysteria, hyperbole and falsities that we have seen on here.

Respect has to be constantly earned. the last couple of days you have been a complete prat. Sorry, but true.
    Lol. I think in this recent interlude you've tried too hard to outrage. Has that been your objective?

Sorry that you can't find the dinghies thing. Perhaps because unlike me you don't have old colleagues in the Home Office. Try a FOI request. It is definitely genuine.
    Bit of a John statement that you are so against, you just happening to know someone to support your point.

You were doing so well but going down in my estimation.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Is be interested to see evidence from reliable sources of :

1. 48k asylum seekers living specifically in hotels,which of course has implications of luxury etc. As far as I can find the 48k figure is across all accommodation that can be sourced which will include all kinds of quality as well as hotels that elect to take part in the scheme : https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.i...771.html%3famp

2. 11 dinghies arriving by 10 o clock this morning carrying 100 men. Where is evidence of this? I can't find it.

3. If asylum claim is rejected "hardly any are supported". Evidence for this? As I understand it, about half of the asylum claims rejected are returned from the UK, and about 19k in 2019 with the other half of returnees staying for appeal. But I will look at your evidence that hardly any are returned.
    https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.u...e-from-the-uk/
    Lol had to laugh at that report. The University of Oxford, up there with the Guardian and Daily Mail when it comes to impartiality

As for dinghies

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/n...ehouse-230677/

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Lol had to laugh at that report. The University of Oxford, up there with the Guardian and Daily Mail when it comes to impartiality

As for dinghies

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dover/n...ehouse-230677/
    What makes you say that the University of Oxford have any record of biased studies and reports? Can you link me to evidence of this? If you think that any reporter or research body is corrupt, say why you think that and on what basis. I would have thought that this report appears balanced in that it identifies that returns from the UK have fallen dramatically in the last few years, so is balanced and gives reasons for this. But I suspect that balance isn't really for you.

There isn't any doubt that the border crossings are a problem and need addressing but to quote fictional statistics and say 'I know a bloke from the Gov't who'd back me up on this' is ridiculous. It makes you all look...kind of like you...don't need evidence...for your beliefs...
    Last edited by ragingpup; 30-07-2020 at 07:52 PM.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast