+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T 48,000 illegal immigrants housed in mainly 4 star UK hotels

Update for ragingpup, 202 people today, a new record.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Update for ragingpup, 202 people today, a new record.
    Thanks, g-f. I don't know what raging's game is but he must know my claim was genuine. A cursory examination of ITV, BBC and Sky online sites shows weekly arrivals at record highs. My only error was 100 people was too low as you show.

We are screwed as a nation by lefty-liberals. Yesterday I listened to Evan Davis interviewing some Labour councillor on Radio 4 PM about spikes of Covid in certain northern towns. Not once was ethnicity mentioned although it is the refusal of Muslims to socially distance that is the problem. The woman councillor did however use the "code" words; "difficulties in getting the message across to our communities", "large numbers of inter-generational families", "cultural difficulties" etc, etc. In the end they decided it was simply deprivation that must be to blame. These people must think we were born yesterday. I see now new lockdowns imposed.

I dont think anyone knows how many illegal immigrants there are in the UK, I think whatever figure is quoted needs to be at least double or trebled. Not sure theres a way out of the mess

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    I dont think anyone knows how many illegal immigrants there are in the UK, I think whatever figure is quoted needs to be at least double or trebled. Not sure theres a way out of the mess
    Farage is stationed on the white cliffs of Dover with a pair of binoculars counting them in. I think he knows the exact number.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Farage is stationed on the white cliffs of Dover with a pair of binoculars counting them in. I think he knows the exact number.
    This is where you let yourself down, Wan. You attempt to divert attention from a real problem by personalising it. I don't like Farage but he is drawing attention to an absolute scandal about which our mainstream politicians and media refuse even to speak. A couple of years back - either on MM or Banter - I asked if it was possible that among all these young men coming in as asylum seekers or whatever there might be some terrorists. This was greeted with howls of outrage. Since then in the UK and Europe asylum seekers and even individuals granted asylum have committed terrorist attacks. If you are happy to fund an exponential growth in young economic migrants sailing in in ever increasing numbers, many disappearing into the wider community, others housed at great public expense, all at least a potential threat - we can't say for sure as they invariably destroy their papers - then good for you. I am not.

He was born in Kent and lives in Kent, it's a local as well as national issue.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    This is where you let yourself down, Wan. You attempt to divert attention from a real problem by personalising it. I don't like Farage but he is drawing attention to an absolute scandal about which our mainstream politicians and media refuse even to speak. A couple of years back - either on MM or Banter - I asked if it was possible that among all these young men coming in as asylum seekers or whatever there might be some terrorists. This was greeted with howls of outrage. Since then in the UK and Europe asylum seekers and even individuals granted asylum have committed terrorist attacks. If you are happy to fund an exponential growth in young economic migrants sailing in in ever increasing numbers, many disappearing into the wider community, others housed at great public expense, all at least a potential threat - we can't say for sure as they invariably destroy their papers - then good for you. I am not.
    Lol Wendun. The Farage comment was a follow up to a joke I made on another post/ thread and really not an attempt divert anything. Jump in by all means.

I get that it was an attempt at a joke on the other thread, and not much of a joke on this thread. The comment (by john2 actually) was that Farage is a serious heavyweight politician. My reply was that he could be found on the South Coast with a pair of binoculars looking for illegal immigrants. Not really the work of a Westminster heavyweight. Anyway I thought it was ammusing but get its a really serious issue for many. Glad hes doing such sterling work.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Thanks, g-f. I don't know what raging's game is but he must know my claim was genuine. A cursory examination of ITV, BBC and Sky online sites shows weekly arrivals at record highs. My only error was 100 people was too low as you show.

We are screwed as a nation by lefty-liberals. Yesterday I listened to Evan Davis interviewing some Labour councillor on Radio 4 PM about spikes of Covid in certain northern towns. Not once was ethnicity mentioned although it is the refusal of Muslims to socially distance that is the problem. The woman councillor did however use the "code" words; "difficulties in getting the message across to our communities", "large numbers of inter-generational families", "cultural difficulties" etc, etc. In the end they decided it was simply deprivation that must be to blame. These people must think we were born yesterday. I see now new lockdowns imposed.
    My game was asking you to provide evidence for your claims, which you couldn't do.

I said in the same post that there is obviously a problem with people coming into the country via the channel. As someone said on here yesterday, if I was so convinced that illegal immigration is the root of our social problems, then after two years of this being a problem and only getting worse, I would be directing my wrath at the efficiently of the government, especially as they have been talking tough on immigration for the last 10 years. However, as the numbers are relatively small and that asylum seekers in total number only approx 0.25 of the UK population in total, I guess they think they have bigger fish to fry. I would tend to agree with them on balance, but it is a problem if that's your preoccupation I guess. Good luck to you. It'd just be nice, when plugging your politics on here to back up your stats is all.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    However, as the numbers are relatively small and that asylum seekers in total number only approx 0.25 of the UK population in total,
    Do you really, really believe that figure? you poor gullible fool

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast