+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Because the lovely Amanda said we should contact the PL I sent this
    I am writing in disgust at the way the PL have conducted themselves over the proposed Newcastle takeover. I seem to recall the owners/directors (previously fit and proper persons test) was designed to protect clubs being taken over and stripped bare by people, before leaving the clubs in financial difficulties. This was designed to protect clubs for their supporters and the good of the game. This singular fact has been ignored in Newcastle's case and now instead of the club preparing for a bright and exciting future we are left as was with a disinterested owner, who only plans to advertise his other business through PL coverage and whose actions are slowly destroying a once great club. Only you (mr Masters) and the other incompetents at the PL think this is good for a member club and your product. Even now there is no comments from yourselves about what went wrong,why there was such a delay in the OD test or any information at all. This leaves yourself and the PL open to conjuncture.
    There are rumours of other member clubs objecting and trying to influence a decision, that yourselves were against the takeover but could not find anything in the test to reject it and so sat on it and refused to give an answer one way or another and even the fact you were trying to force the buyers into appointing the KSA as a director. I ask you to clarify these points. I know you have stated your ODT is more stringent than UK law but this does not mean the PL is above these laws and if other clubs have been exerting influence over this process it smells very much of unfair competition. Deliberately deciding never to make any decision until it goes away is also very dubious legally .
    So in conclusion can you answer these points. I thank you for your time and also for destroying any last hope or ambition left in my soul for a football club I have loved all my life. You have destroyed the love not just of my club but also for the beautiful game. I will not watch your corrupt and tainted product anymore and can not wait for your chosen favourites( big 6 ) to desert for a European super league. May be then this cesspit of a money grabbing league will be destroyed for ever
    have you got the address ? and well said

Sorry no address just went through PL site contact us. I dont expect anything but it felt good to get it off my chest
    Somebody on the mag posted Masters email address in the comments section on some story but I could not find it as my browser does not want to open the comments ahymore. You might find it there
    Last edited by malamoto; 31-07-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Sorry no address just went through PL site contact us. I dont expect anything but it felt good to get it off my chest
    Somebody on the mag posted Masters email address in the comments section on some story but I could not find it as my browser does not want to open the comments ahymore. You might find it there
    yes i saw addresses etc this morning but cant find the post now

Liverpool and Tottingham, two of the five founding fathers of the Premier League.

If this is true about Liverpool they will have went down in my estimations big time.

I would have thought better of them, that they would have the spirit of fairness - specially following the fact that they are now kings of the hill.

Spurs, well....

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    If this is true about Liverpool they will have went down in my estimations big time.

I would have thought better of them, that they would have the spirit of fairness - specially following the fact that they are now kings of the hill.

Spurs, well....
    Jealous of the huge money coming in and scared of the competition, im not surprised it was them who whinged to the pl at all

Ironic if it was Liverpool given they could’ve gone into administration under the previous owners but have had significant investment by the current ones to get them back to the top and are now trying to prevent other clubs from similar reviving. Pure speculation but if Man City objected, it’s a club that were in the third tier during the premier league era and have had another major investor come in and make them into a major force. If future blocking of takeovers is allowed to happen then there are effectively 18 clubs either trying to avoid relegation or scrambling for two champions league places. If it’s true about Spurs objecting, then all they could ever aspire to is the latter unless of course the league are happy to allow them to be taken over for but not happy for some other clubs to be.

If the Premier League were not a cartel, they'd have been ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Jealous of the huge money coming in and scared of the competition, im not surprised it was them who whinged to the pl at all
    Mmm. I had Liverpool down as a classier organisation than that.

Proved themselves to be a pack of little btches if they did complain then.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)