+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Fa cup.

Anyone give a shiit?

The 1st one ever I forgot it was on today.
    I'd forgot it was on as well.

Don't give a **** either at the min.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    Just been reading some people are saying wet spam were one of the others to be against the take over, with their board that is no surprise at all
    FFS,
    Nothing to do with``Wet Spam``mate

Arguably the most controversial takeover deal in Premier League history is finally over.

Sources close to the consortium say they tried to prove to the Premier League that the Saudi government would have no say in the day-to-day running of the club.

The Premier League seems to have been concerned that individuals not on the club's new board would have had influence over decision-making at St James' Park because the Saudi Crown Prince is the chairman of PIF. Ultimately this issue could not be resolved.

Current owner Mike Ashley is also understood to have tried to renegotiate the deal in recent days because of the length of time that had lapsed, and that also contributed to the decision by the group to walk away.

But with so many negative headlines over Saudi Arabia's poor human rights record - plus tension with rival clubs and broadcast partner beIN Sport over television rights piracy concerns - Premier League officials may be privately relieved the consortium has taken the decision out of its hands.

Many in football will now want to see its Owners and Directors' Test strengthened to ensure states like Saudi Arabia cannot buy clubs, and there is no repeat of a saga that has done little for the game's reputation.

After months of uncertainty, however, Newcastle United fans desperate to see the back of Ashley will no doubt see it very differently.
    Breath deeply now and inform your self appropriately before making silly accusations
    as you were now
    John....

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    FFS,

Arguably the most controversial takeover deal in Premier League history is finally over.

Sources close to the consortium say they tried to prove to the Premier League that the Saudi government would have no say in the day-to-day running of the club.

The Premier League seems to have been concerned that individuals not on the club's new board would have had influence over decision-making at St James' Park because the Saudi Crown Prince is the chairman of PIF. Ultimately this issue could not be resolved.

Current owner Mike Ashley is also understood to have tried to renegotiate the deal in recent days because of the length of time that had lapsed, and that also contributed to the decision by the group to walk away.

But with so many negative headlines over Saudi Arabia's poor human rights record - plus tension with rival clubs and broadcast partner beIN Sport over television rights piracy concerns - Premier League officials may be privately relieved the consortium has taken the decision out of its hands.

Many in football will now want to see its Owners and Directors' Test strengthened to ensure states like Saudi Arabia cannot buy clubs, and there is no repeat of a saga that has done little for the game's reputation.

After months of uncertainty, however, Newcastle United fans desperate to see the back of Ashley will no doubt see it very differently.
    Breath deeply now and inform your self appropriately before making silly accusations
    as you were now
    John....
    I'd say there are a lot of current owners in place whose presence needs to be questioned if strengthened owners and directors tests come into play. Their continued presence in the premier league and the PL actions over this saga have done more damage to the "reputation" of the game than the Saudis ever could

I think the whole episode stinks of corruption with an unhealthy dose of 'Cartel" influence being added. I agree West Ham likely weren't an objector because you probably don't have the clout of say a Liverpool or Spurs but I believe there may have been opposition from within the top 6 - what has happened has been at best incompetence and at worst a blatent, arrogant snub to join the top table.

Theres no room at the inn for us, so fk em - see where they are when a Euro super league comes in to being and takes all their star pupils away, personally I'd like to see us in the SPL or the Championship than play another season here.

FFS,

as you were now
    John....
    That is from the papers, who know f*ck all.

This is killing the game.

We now know, if we didn't already that it isn't a level playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    That is from the papers, who know f*ck all.
    So you know do you?

At this moment in time, the Premier League have said nothing. If you want to believe the rags (which is where your post was from) more fool you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    At this moment in time, the Premier League have said nothing. If you want to believe the rags (which is where your post was from) more fool you.
    sorry if i was a tad direct in my answer but i am still confused about your....

If you want to believe the rags (which is where your post was from) more fool you.[/QUOTE].

so if they are incorrect and reporting disinformation then please inform me otherwise, ie your ITK info why they are wrong,
    or am i missing something

be lucky now
    John...

So you know do you?
    Well it seems you think you do.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)