+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League

Premier League

To allow an owner to run one of ‘their’ clubs like Ashley has, basically, killing a fervent supporter base, for years and do nothing is not only very poor business acumen but borders on negligence.
    Now this takeover is off, they might just have killed one of their geese that lays the golden eggs.
    I would’ve thought it almost impossible for me to be thinking what I am now. Of course it’s not possible to support another club but I feel now like giving up on football. I mean, what’s the point?
    I’m starting to think of PL football, like I do about WWF wrestling - that it’s all staged - basically it’s having its heart ripped out and the shell that’s left simply isn’t worth bothering with any more,

The PL only care about the top 6 clubs they dont want anyone getting close to them and challenging them with wealth and any quality ambition, they have a lot to answer for over this debacle the blame is 100% at their door.

Its only a matter of time before the "big six" abandon PL for european super league and the PL collapses I cant effing wait to see the corrupt b@stards having to go cap in hand begging for investment they could of had so easily

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Its only a matter of time before the "big six" abandon PL for european super league and the PL collapses I cant effing wait to see the corrupt b@stards having to go cap in hand begging for investment they could of had so easily
    Just shows how deluded and idiotic they are at the PL they could have had an absolute fortune invested in their league but instead would rather keep the scousers and co sweet

Quote Originally Posted by malamoto View Post
    Agreed.

**** the PL and **** the corrupt ****s that run it.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    The PL only care about the top 6 clubs they dont want anyone getting close to them and challenging them with wealth and any quality ambition, they have a lot to answer for over this debacle the blame is 100% at their door.
    The top six have the PL in their proverbial back pocket. What they want, they get!!

Think what sums the Premier League up most is their 'no comments on PIF pulling out of the deal. They'll continue with the confidential process line until this thing blows over. Is this what fans pay for? They take the money and give no communication back to the fans whatsoever. Absolute disgrace and newcastle and all other fans are treat like mugs.

Because the lovely Amanda said we should contact the PL I sent this
    I am writing in disgust at the way the PL have conducted themselves over the proposed Newcastle takeover. I seem to recall the owners/directors (previously fit and proper persons test) was designed to protect clubs being taken over and stripped bare by people, before leaving the clubs in financial difficulties. This was designed to protect clubs for their supporters and the good of the game. This singular fact has been ignored in Newcastle's case and now instead of the club preparing for a bright and exciting future we are left as was with a disinterested owner, who only plans to advertise his other business through PL coverage and whose actions are slowly destroying a once great club. Only you (mr Masters) and the other incompetents at the PL think this is good for a member club and your product. Even now there is no comments from yourselves about what went wrong,why there was such a delay in the OD test or any information at all. This leaves yourself and the PL open to conjuncture.
    There are rumours of other member clubs objecting and trying to influence a decision, that yourselves were against the takeover but could not find anything in the test to reject it and so sat on it and refused to give an answer one way or another and even the fact you were trying to force the buyers into appointing the KSA as a director. I ask you to clarify these points. I know you have stated your ODT is more stringent than UK law but this does not mean the PL is above these laws and if other clubs have been exerting influence over this process it smells very much of unfair competition. Deliberately deciding never to make any decision until it goes away is also very dubious legally .
    So in conclusion can you answer these points. I thank you for your time and also for destroying any last hope or ambition left in my soul for a football club I have loved all my life. You have destroyed the love not just of my club but also for the beautiful game. I will not watch your corrupt and tainted product anymore and can not wait for your chosen favourites( big 6 ) to desert for a European super league. May be then this cesspit of a money grabbing league will be destroyed for ever

Our potential new owners essentially stole from the Premier League and blocked all their attempts at legal recourse. Did anyone really think they would wave this deal through? I’ve brought up this point for months.

You wouldn’t allow someone that has been stealing from you to join your country club. You just wouldn’t. You would seek some form of vengeance by completely blocking them from joining or making them jump through degrading hoops.

The Premier League have behaved disgustingly and there needs to be a transparent investigation. They knew exactly what they were doing as they could not block the takeover based on the O&D test rules.

I hope EVERYTHING comes out!

Quote Originally Posted by BenArfa10 View Post
    Our potential new owners essentially stole from the Premier League and blocked all their attempts at legal recourse. Did anyone really think they would wave this deal through? I’ve brought up this point for months.

You wouldn’t allow someone that has been stealing from you to join your country club. You just wouldn’t. You would seek some form of vengeance by completely blocking them from joining or making them jump through degrading hoops.

The Premier League have behaved disgustingly and there needs to be a transparent investigation. They knew exactly what they were doing as they could not block the takeover based on the O&D test rules.

I hope EVERYTHING comes out!
    Even the WTO could not prove Saudi stole anything.Only thing they were guilty of was not doing enough to stop it and yes I would expect the PL to pass it as there was no grounds in THEIR ODT to reject it. At first it was the fact it was Arabsat equipment used for Beoutq then people found out it was not just Saudi owned, but nearly every state in the middle east had a share in Arabsat (including Qatar). The Saudis have jumped through a lot of hoops for the PL and still got p!ssed about.
    I agree with you it all comes out in the open especially the leaks from PL to the Qataris and pressure from other clubs. It absolutely stinks to high heaven

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)