+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Takeover Called Off !!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They seem to be run very much like us BT, they lost a very good manager because he didn't get the money he wanted. Garlick wants to be careful what he wishes for.
    sinkov--they lost a manager because he couldn't get the money he wanted, however, Rafa is renowned for wanting more and more and didn't like operating on the one out/one in process. He signed 28 players in 3 years and 4 months including a record sigining at the time, Almiron, for 21 million. He shipped out five of his signings within 2 years of buying them at a loss of around 10 million.
    He won promotion from the Championship and then they finished 10th and 13th in the PL and then he left, they got Steve Bruce and they have finished 13th again.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I speak as I find. I married a lass from up here in 1966, have lived in Ashington since 1988, have been well involved running lots of local football, do lots of voluntary charity work in aid of ex-servicemen and I am halfway to being accepted.

I do not listen to pundits because they talk crap, however, I do listen to what the local football fans say and if you think that they ever accepted Ashley then it is you who needs the education. You know fine well that he has never been accepted by lots of fans, for whatever reason. However,
    I do know how parochial people are in this area, even one of the football teams I ran used to moan if they had to travel from Ashington to North Shields because "it is a long way" ---I am not talking about kids, I am talking about adults, some of whom were miners.

As far as Paul Merson is concerned, I knew him when he was playing junior football and he was an arsehole then so I would be really interested in what he says. As far as McDonald, Ferdinand and Rob Lee are concerned --yes they are club legends and deservedly so, however, I was not talking about them, I was talking about the attitude of many fans towards Mike Ashley and where it came from. I seem to remember that Dennis Wise was extremely popular amongst thesee same fans who do not show bias.
    The attitude around the club when Ashley took us over was one of excitement & hope until he quickly turned things sour for himself by ending all commercial advertising streams and replacing them with his own company (whom i shall not name) without paying the club a penny. It was his own fault entirely that he did not carry our due diligence checks when taking over. Ever since then he has waged war on reducing costs throughout the club, making staff on minimum wage redundant. He has not spent a penny on training facilities in 13 years, no investment in the club’s academy and other than a lick of paint here and there he has let St James’ Park turn into a rusty mess as well. Then there is the court case that he lost, spectacularly, against another club legend in Kevin Keegan in which it was admitted by Ashley that he regularly and deliberately lied to the fans!

The fact that he is from the south doesn’t matter one jot, it is simply an additional insult with which to bash the fat greedy сunt for systematically downscaling the entire football club for over a decade. The fact that we are in the prem at all is down to sheer luck and won’t last much longer under this ownership and manager, who is from Newcastle by the way.

To be fair to Ashington, it is a long way from anywhere. I’m from Cramlington and i find North Shields a hike 😉

Don’t get me started on the comparisons between Rafa, one of the most decorated managers in football, and Steve Bruce. Bruce has done well this season in terms of league position but the football has been dire throughout. Amongst the least goals, least touches in opposition box, least chances created, least everything in attack. How on earth Ashley sanctioned £40 million on anything let alone Joelinton is utter madness! Rafa didn’t want him btw but the club had already signed him. Even that stinks of shocking ownership.

For the sake of anonymity I can't but I would love to post a picture on here of a "do" I went to with a cabal of NUFC supporting mates.

Passionate and opinionated hardly gets near to scratching the surface and as far as the Toon are concerned they could hardly agree on owt.

But if I ever find myself up to the neck in muck and bullets, I would ask this lot to join me in a phooking heartbeat. The Child Bride met them the last time we played NUFC away and she still talks about nowt else!

Don't fall out with us on here 18nufc92, we sing from the same hymn sheet as you lot. Incidentally, I've never forgiven Malcolm McDonald for knocking us out of the FA CUP in 1974.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    The attitude around the club when Ashley took us over was one of excitement & hope until he quickly turned things sour for himself by ending all commercial advertising streams and replacing them with his own company (whom i shall not name) without paying the club a penny. It was his own fault entirely that he did not carry our due diligence checks when taking over. Ever since then he has waged war on reducing costs throughout the club, making staff on minimum wage redundant. He has not spent a penny on training facilities in 13 years, no investment in the club’s academy and other than a lick of paint here and there he has let St James’ Park turn into a rusty mess as well. Then there is the court case that he lost, spectacularly, against another club legend in Kevin Keegan in which it was admitted by Ashley that he regularly and deliberately lied to the fans!

The fact that he is from the south doesn’t matter one jot, it is simply an additional insult with which to bash the fat greedy сunt for systematically downscaling the entire football club for over a decade. The fact that we are in the prem at all is down to sheer luck and won’t last much longer under this ownership and manager, who is from Newcastle by the way.

To be fair to Ashington, it is a long way from anywhere. I’m from Cramlington and i find North Shields a hike ��

Fair enough and, by the way, having been around football for a long, long time, both in this country and eight other countries, I am aware of Steve Bruce's heritage.
    As far as Ashington being a long way from anywhere I used to travel into Newcastle to run my business on a Saturday morning, return to pick lads up and then take them to wherever we were playing and they complained about distance!
    Just for the record, I am originally from Lancashire although I have not lived there since 1966 and I have a season ticket at Burnley where I have been going for 68 seasons.
    Good luck with whatever happens at the Toon --my youngest son and my grandson are fans of the Toon although my eldest has always seen sense and still goes to Burnley even though he lives almost 100 miles away.

I have always loved it up here and my youngest also married a lass from Ashington although she does support Sunderland.
    Last edited by Supersub6; 31-07-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Don’t get me started on the comparisons between Rafa, one of the most decorated managers in football, and Steve Bruce. Bruce has done well this season in terms of league position but the football has been dire throughout. Amongst the least goals, least touches in opposition box, least chances created, least everything in attack. How on earth Ashley sanctioned £40 million on anything let alone Joelinton is utter madness! Rafa didn’t want him btw but the club had already signed him. Even that stinks of shocking ownership.
    Just a question, but had Joelinton ever kicked a football before the Toon snapped him up?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just a question, but had Joelinton ever kicked a football before the Toon snapped him up?
    I think I've mentioned it on here before BT, after one game Bruce said he was going to have to remind him to get into the box more. You pay £40m for a striker and you have to tell him to get into the box, if Alan Shearer was dead he'd be turning in his grave. Whoever was responsible for that signing would give even our dysfunctional recruitment team a run for their money.

To be fair to Ashington, it is a long way from anywhere. I’m from Cramlington and i find North Shields a hike ��
    A long time ago my sister lived in Cramlington, me and Mrs S went on a camping holiday on the west coat of Scotland, after 3 days of solid rain we packed up and went to stay with my sister, the weather was brilliant and our holiday was saved. Then my sister moved to Tynemouth and we've never been back to Cramlington since. Just three days we were there, but I still have very fond memories of it. As far as I'm concerned, the sky is always blue and the sun is always shining in Cramlington.

Incidentally Sub, we're leaving next Friday for a week in Amble, haven't been up there for over a year now, too long away.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A long time ago my sister lived in Cramlington, me and Mrs S went on a camping holiday on the west coat of Scotland, after 3 days of solid rain we packed up and went to stay with my sister, the weather was brilliant and our holiday was saved. Then my sister moved to Tynemouth and we've never been back to Cramlington since. Just three days we were there, but I still have very fond memories of it. As far as I'm concerned, the sky is always blue and the sun is always shining in Cramlington.

Incidentally Sub, we're leaving next Friday for a week in Amble, haven't been up there for over a year now, too long away.
    Sun is shining in Cramlington and Ashington today ---they probably have sea-fret at Amble but I'm not going to have a look!
    Enjoy your trip up these parts sinkov but just leave that virus thing down there in Lancashire!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sun is shining in Cramlington and Ashington today ---they probably have sea-fret at Amble but I'm not going to have a look!
    Enjoy your trip up these parts sinkov but just leave that virus thing down there in Lancashire!
    No problems in't Ribble Valley Sub, I asked the lass in our town centre newsagents how many people she knew who'd had it, two she said, and they both recovered.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)