+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newcastle Takeover Called Off !!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    No problems in't Ribble Valley Sub, I asked the lass in our town centre newsagents how many people she knew who'd had it, two she said, and they both recovered.
    I know one, a lovely lady who used to work for me and who had a stroke three days after retiring and who spent from January 2009 until this year in a care home. Sadly she died in May and I was advised by her daughter-in-law, who had already lost her mother to the virus just one week previously ---in the same care home.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I know one, a lovely lady who used to work for me and who had a stroke three days after retiring and who spent from January 2009 until this year in a care home. Sadly she died in May and I was advised by her daughter-in-law, who had already lost her mother to the virus just one week previously ---in the same care home.
    My lad's partner thinks she might have had it, but she was better within not much more than a week. That apart I don't know of anyone who has had it. It's virtually non-existent in this part of the world.

I was on nodding acquaintance with two people who sadly died to the virus.

Talking about care homes, my dad went in one today. We simply couldn't give him the care he needed here. I can't visit him for 14 days because of the virus. He took in his Burnley football books.
    When I rang tonight he was watching the telly and supping a pint. He is still as cheerful as ever and very upbeat, and he will be meeting a lot of new lady friends.

I might consider it myself....

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    I was on nodding acquaintance with two people who sadly died to the virus.

Talking about care homes, my dad went in one today. We simply couldn't give him the care he needed here. I can't visit him for 14 days because of the virus. He took in his Burnley football books.
    When I rang tonight he was watching the telly and supping a pint. He is still as cheerful as ever and very upbeat, and he will be meeting a lot of new lady friends.

I might consider it myself....
    Good luck to him and I hope that he settles and is OK.
    Big decision which me and my missus have had to make three times and. sadly. after a period of time all three passed away but it was something that we had to do because they needed 24 hour care and they did get it.
    Visiting can be hard work, however, if he has still got all his marbles that will make a big difference because both my parents had dementia as well as other things and that made it very hard work.

Keep positive and know that, in spite of the next 14 days when you can't go, you have done what you think is best. Best wishes ---but it isn't easy!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Good luck to him and I hope that he settles and is OK.
    Big decision which me and my missus have had to make three times and. sadly. after a period of time all three passed away but it was something that we had to do because they needed 24 hour care and they did get it.
    Visiting can be hard work, however, if he has still got all his marbles that will make a big difference because both my parents had dementia as well as other things and that made it very hard work.

Keep positive and know that, in spite of the next 14 days when you can't go, you have done what you think is best. Best wishes ---but it isn't easy!
    Thanks Super. I never thought I would say this, but I was happy to see him go. He will now be getting 24 hour care and he is very happy in himself. Yes, his dementia is getting worse which was getting very challenging.

He has gone in a home which is around a quarter of a mile away and has a very good reputation. It is a very strange feeling tonight knowing that he is not here, but not having to worry about him having a fall etc is a huge weight off my mind.

Thanks again for your thoughts Super - much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Thanks Super. I never thought I would say this, but I was happy to see him go. He will now be getting 24 hour care and he is very happy in himself. Yes, his dementia is getting worse which was getting very challenging.

He has gone in a home which is around a quarter of a mile away and has a very good reputation. It is a very strange feeling tonight knowing that he is not here, but not having to worry about him having a fall etc is a huge weight off my mind.

Thanks again for your thoughts Super - much appreciated.
    I have the t-shirt and know what you have gone through ---it is certainly not an easy decision but it is the right one --even in these strange times.

Another with the T shirt here, but for my Grandparents. So many times woken in the night worrying about another fall and another emergency. Being somewhere with proper care will be a weight off your shoulders both for him and you.

We have to face this dilemma right now. The father-in-law was admitted to hospital earlier this week and it is now established he has late stage prostrate cancer.

We cannot visit him, social services are organising home care to get him out of a hospital bed.

He has managed quite well previously to live independently with a lot of help from me and the wife in particular.

His dread has always been being "put" into a care home and I have personally promised that this will not happen, but now the chickens have come home to roost I fear tough decisions are just around the corner.

Good luck BT, certainly not easy and you will be damned if you do and damned if you don't!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    A long time ago my sister lived in Cramlington, me and Mrs S went on a camping holiday on the west coat of Scotland, after 3 days of solid rain we packed up and went to stay with my sister, the weather was brilliant and our holiday was saved. Then my sister moved to Tynemouth and we've never been back to Cramlington since. Just three days we were there, but I still have very fond memories of it. As far as I'm concerned, the sky is always blue and the sun is always shining in Cramlington
    Haha this made me chuckle, not often Crammy gets spoken about in such glowing terms! I’d love to tell you that you’re right about the weather but, well, you’re not 😂

Best of luck for the season ahead, lads. Seems likely to be another one of survival for you at the very least. Us on the other hand, who knows...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)