+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recruitment update: Muric, Adelakun, Barlaser and the lad from the club in Holland

Price & Jones agree one year contracts. May as well sign Adelakun if we signing non-championship players. We are still going to need a right back. Jones can't play if we are trying to stay up. Can't see Price being trusted in goal, you can get an emergency keeper in if anything happens to your 1st choice keeper. Sure Warney said we are only going to sign players to play next season. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Price & Jones agree one year contracts. May as well sign Adelakun if we signing non-championship players. We are still going to need a right back. Jones can't play if we are trying to stay up. Can't see Price being trusted in goal, you can get an emergency keeper in if anything happens to your 1st choice keeper. Sure Warney said we are only going to sign players to play next season. What happened?
    Well the day has arrived...... I never ever thought I’d agree with the infamous gru on anything but I have to totally agree on this one, price and Jones aren’t league one players let alone championship. For me these are wasting a wage cos they won’t ever play or even push the player in front of them.

Has Price ever had a bad game for us when picked to play?

Iversen had a few, so did Rodak

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolpete View Post
    Well the day has arrived...... I never ever thought I’d agree with the infamous gru on anything but I have to totally agree on this one, price and Jones aren’t league one players let alone championship. For me these are wasting a wage cos they won’t ever play or even push the player in front of them.
    Have to disagree.

Whenever Jones has been called in to the team he's looked steady and composed. Hasn't got the pace to get up and down, but hasn't let us down. When he got injured at Portsmouth last season we looked a lot less secure down that side.

I would imagine Olasunde would again be first choice RB, and with Jones and possibly Thompson as cover I don't think that position will be a problem.

How anyone can criticise the club and players without knowing the actual details of their contracts and what salaries they’re on beggars belief. They’ve been signed for their experience on one year deals. They won’t be first choice unless we we don’t sign another keeper and they won’t be breaking the bank as far as salaries are concerned.

Completely agree with the posts by PerigordMiller and Godsend.F.C.

Oh dear. Well, at least one person has agreed with one of grusome's posts.Maybe he will retire at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Have to disagree.

Whenever Jones has been called in to the team he's looked steady and composed. Hasn't got the pace to get up and down, but hasn't let us down. When he got injured at Portsmouth last season we looked a lot less secure down that side.

I would imagine Olasunde would again be first choice RB, and with Jones and possibly Thompson as cover I don't think that position will be a problem.
    Jones and Price are good back up players.
    Both have the right experience, Jones can also cover Right-Back, Left -Back and Midfield.
    Paul Warne recently said he wants another striker or even two, a midfielder, another wide player. ( Adelakun) and a possibility of a permanent keeper.
    Sounds good to me.

Presumably a left back can be added to this list being that the alleged signing from Holland who failed his medical plays in this position

Evans would have gone nowhere near either or Adelakun but he kept us up. We've got one right back Olosunde good enough. Warney it's just jobs for the boys with him. Won't work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast