+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alsorunners

Alsorunners

Couldn't sleep last night,

that whole thing got me thinking at how poor state the club is right now and how much deeper is that than just Ashley problem. Us being milked by our owner year after year, running in circles with no hope of anything than just being mediocre side, with players in and out the door, so you already don't recognize them by face is just our own particular problem.
    Much bigger issue is that without big money owners any club's chances of breaking top-4 or top-6 is just almost as slim, may be just next to nothing.
    And PL just showed us our place to be alsorunners. There used to be an idea - imrove little by little, got lucky and break into Chamions League, revieve more TV revenue, build on that and then, after all hard-work you grind out you place at the top. But it doens't work anymore.
    Much hated here Aston Villa once tried to break into it, spent lot of money, failed, hasn't recovered since, maybe never will. Lecester got into one or two Champions League, but couldn't cope running 2 shows with their squad depth. Also being ripped off by big boys of their best players. From other side - Man Utd was thrown away for a few seasons, still able to outbid most teams in Europe and England.
    Juventus are champions 9 times in a row, PSG and Bayern collecting home trophies as routine, Real and Barca dominate Spain. Teams braking points tally records recently is no coincedense and no good thing.
    We've got to the point where it really doesn't matter if NUFC is winning against Everton and then conceede late minute equaizer - it doesn't change anything, or it was vice versa last season? Who cares?
    14 teams in the league are alsorunners. These are hundreds in Europe in the top leagues. All them provide food for top dogs. We as fans feed them. With our money.
    I don't know what can be done here. We've had our lucky ticket, but it was taken away from us. 13 other teams didn't even had that hope. Next time we play Aston Villa it is Alsorunners vs Alsorunners with result being absolutelly irrelevant.
    I hope that the voice of, so-called "small teams" across the continent can be heard, we don't want to be alsorunners.

Corruption is rife all over the world. It’s rife in governments and it is rife in sporting governing bodies as well. They know they have all the power and they know there is nothing we can do about it. To have reform you’re relying on people in power wanting it. The sad truth is that the vast majority don’t and those who do can either be paid off or warned off.

We’re just backing the wrong horse in Newcastle United - a club that i’ve come to accept are not allowed nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post

that whole thing got me thinking at how poor state the club is right now and how much deeper is that than just Ashley problem. Us being milked by our owner year after year, running in circles with no hope of anything than just being mediocre side, with players in and out the door, so you already don't recognize them by face is just our own particular problem.
    Much bigger issue is that without big money owners any club's chances of breaking top-4 or top-6 is just almost as slim, may be just next to nothing.
    And PL just showed us our place to be alsorunners. There used to be an idea - imrove little by little, got lucky and break into Chamions League, revieve more TV revenue, build on that and then, after all hard-work you grind out you place at the top. But it doens't work anymore.
    Much hated here Aston Villa once tried to break into it, spent lot of money, failed, hasn't recovered since, maybe never will. Lecester got into one or two Champions League, but couldn't cope running 2 shows with their squad depth. Also being ripped off by big boys of their best players. From other side - Man Utd was thrown away for a few seasons, still able to outbid most teams in Europe and England.
    Juventus are champions 9 times in a row, PSG and Bayern collecting home trophies as routine, Real and Barca dominate Spain. Teams braking points tally records recently is no coincedense and no good thing.
    We've got to the point where it really doesn't matter if NUFC is winning against Everton and then conceede late minute equaizer - it doesn't change anything, or it was vice versa last season? Who cares?
    14 teams in the league are alsorunners. These are hundreds in Europe in the top leagues. All them provide food for top dogs. We as fans feed them. With our money.
    I don't know what can be done here. We've had our lucky ticket, but it was taken away from us. 13 other teams didn't even had that hope. Next time we play Aston Villa it is Alsorunners vs Alsorunners with result being absolutelly irrelevant.
    I hope that the voice of, so-called "small teams" across the continent can be heard, we don't want to be alsorunners.
    Top post

Looks like the old weighted class system is still alive and well in the UK - in the joke that is the PL. Its confirmed what I already suspected ii that clubs like us will not be allowed to succeed.

Fk them and the horse they came in on.

I actually wish we could join the SPL.

Cnts.

It comes back to the Newcastle acronym I came up with during one mind-numbing game years ago. We were in Level 7 at the time after losing our seats in the Milburn corner (ironically, during night games, the way the light reflected off the glass overlooking the corner of Barrack Road and Strawberry Place made it look like there was a training pitch down there-cue fantasising about having that kind of setup)..we'd already played I-spy with every landmark you could see (and there are loads) and worked out that Shola was making £50 for every step he took on the pitch so during one of the long, hunched over elbows-on-knees, chin-on-hands periods, this horribly accurate acronym wormed its way into my conscious thought from deep in my subconscious....

Never Ever Win Cups And Some Times Lose Everything

That last part suddenly fits perfectly...

Fuck's sake, man. Where on earth do we go from here?
    Last edited by Zippity; 31-07-2020 at 09:30 AM. Reason: who cares

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It comes back to the Newcastle acronym I came up with during one mind-numbing game years ago. We were in Level 7 at the time after losing our seats in the Milburn corner (ironically, during night games, the way the light reflected off the glass overlooking the corner of Barrack Road and Strawberry Place made it look like there was a training pitch down there-cue fantasising about having that kind of setup)..we'd already played I-spy with every landmark you could see (and there are loads) and worked out that Shola was making £50 for every step he took on the pitch so during one of the long, hunched over elbows-on-knees, chin-on-hands periods, this horribly accurate acronym wormed its way into my conscious thought from deep in my subconscious....

Its hard man but chin up man.We haven't heard the last of this - not that the deal can be resurrected, but there will be repercussions ,of that Im sure..Im reminded of the Police song every breath you take, every move you make we'll be watching you.This seems irrelevant given the current heartache we again suffer but I do somehow feel that it cannot stop here.There will be a twist, of what Im unsure, but for the sake of football & clubs like us in the UK this can't be the end of the situation. Im totally down ,feeling gutted now but remain hopeful that eventual good can emanate from this unacceptable situation we find ourselves in.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post

We wait until Ashley goes, it may be sooner it may be later but there is a momentum and it will happen.

Since my first match in short trousers, a friendly against Middlesborough in 1946, first game after the war, I've lived through dozens of managers and more than half a dozen owners, and that period covers almost 60% of the club's existence since 1892.

I can think of a few good managers during this period but very few good owners, Ashley being by far the bloodsucking worst, and this is unbelievable as he is by far the richest and the one who was in a position to have transformed us into world beaters had he had the sense and ambition to grasp the chance he had.

Under decent stewardship the success of the club could have dwarfed his lovechild CrapDirect and he could have had most of the credit for it as well as all of the benefits ensuing. Alas down to stupidity this was not to be so we look to the future which will benefit you younger supporters.

I'm convinced the next owners will emerge soon and grasp the potential that there is here and set the ball rolling.

Remember before Bill Shankly took over at Liverpool they had always been mediocre and in Everton's shadow and in his first interview stated "Have patience, it will be years before we can emulate Everton" but it only took one season and he was only manager.

I strongly feel that because of the Ashley failure the new owners will be encouraged to build and succeed and will grasp the potential that there is here.

Just imagine the problems the supporters would have getting a hold of gold dust season tickets if and when that takes of.

We have been both patient and impatient over the thir**** years of the tenure of the fat useless shytehawk, so I'm sure the next successful phase will be earlier than that.

If nothing else have faith in the club until it happens.

PS don't know why it rejects the word thirte-en
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 31-07-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Its hard to be an also ran when your not allowed to join the race.

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post

Aye.

And yet, what will happen eventually will be those clubs go off to a Euro super league and that prem will be ****ed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)