+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ashley still 100 percent commited to Saudi sale

Ashley still 100 percent commited to Saudi sale

Just in on sky sports news I know we have all more or less lost all hope but could we just still have a slim chance of getting this takeover?

No because the PL don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    But with the news coming out about the PL intentionally letting the tests drag on until the bidders withdrew there may be a tiny chance it could happen, then again i just woke up and the PL would wiggle out of everything as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I know Zip and I'm literally trying to cling on to this as a last bit of hope. By the sounds of the buyers statements the Prem said they wouldn't reject it basically because they couldn't but they also refused to accept it leaving the buyers and seller in limbo through utter corruption. Whilst all this is happening the only way the buyers would be able or allowed to release the statements they have is for them to pull out of the deal. Now they have and we all no its all solely down to the Prem and our buyers seem to still want in, the pressure could just get to much. Especially with the news out about Liverpool and Spurs having a say. Every club outside the big 6 should get together on this because if they don't what chance do they ever have getting a similar buyout in the future?

Aye, I know, Jacko. Didn't mean my reply to seem so terse!

Corruption is absolutely the word to use-the leaks have been coming from them so surely, regardless of anything else, one or all of the involved parties can sue them?

Sadly, something makes me think there's a different set of rules at play where we're concerned and the PL will come out of this unscathed.

Seems under the OD test owners can take money out of a club but new owners can't come in and invest in a club. No wonder clubs end up in financial trouble.
    If I was the buyers I would definitely be chasing the PL for the deposit.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Jacko View Post
    I know Zip and I'm literally trying to cling on to this as a last bit of hope. By the sounds of the buyers statements the Prem said they wouldn't reject it basically because they couldn't but they also refused to accept it leaving the buyers and seller in limbo through utter corruption. Whilst all this is happening the only way the buyers would be able or allowed to release the statements they have is for them to pull out of the deal. Now they have and we all no its all solely down to the Prem and our buyers seem to still want in, the pressure could just get to much. Especially with the news out about Liverpool and Spurs having a say. Every club outside the big 6 should get together on this because if they don't what chance do they ever have getting a similar buyout in the future?
    I admire your optimism and I really want to believe you're right.

However, I think Zip is right.

Nothing will happen because the prem don't want it to. They want us to know our place, produce noise and atmosphere for the SSN games and then be happy with avoiding relegation.

****ing ****s.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)